Wish list for new naim products in 2022 and beyond

Not sure if this is the right category to use since this is purely dreams and wishes for new hifi product.
But what i’d love to see:

1. A pure streamer priced between £500-£1000 to go with
  2. A separate dac (from what i’ve seen on the forum most people recommend the original ndac over the v1 that is currently on sale)
  3. A lower price all in one to act as a way to draw people into the naim world
    basically I worry that price increases could be an issue in the future and eventually price out people like me (I currently have an atom) streaming technology will constantly evolve and therefore eventually need replacing (though naim do a lot to make this not happen often).
    I’d love to be able to someday buy either an integrated or pre/power amp(s) second hand as well as an ndac replacement and then just buy a pure streamer for less than the current streamer options.
    What would you guys wish for?
3 Likes

Nothing at all. I’m done spending money on kit and am standing pat with what I have.

13 Likes

I’m hoping for an ND555 replacement.

So I can afford an ND555 :grinning:

17 Likes

Son of Solstice is what I’d like to see. Slightly less spec arm & cart, £10k complete. LP12 sized platter.

Winner.

3 Likes

I’d love a 500 integrated. Six boxes is ridiculous.

20 Likes

Sorry, has to be said (again). An updated 272 is what is really needed by those who invested in the 272 associated architecture. Heavy hints it’s coming, would love to see early confirmation in the NY.

11 Likes

Is like to see an entry level streamer/dac to compete with Bluesound etc - urely
For aesthetic purposes - no screens or such and built into a stageline case and run of the preamp feed - basically a digital stageline…

Also a proper hi cap DR/NAPSC in one Full width box. So aesthetically a 282 would only
Need one box like a 252 does

7 Likes

Another person hoping for a 272 replacement, so I can get the 3 box system I want.

5 Likes

Replacement for 272…defo for me…

6 Likes

Something between the 552/500 and the Statement amps.

5 Likes

Is the working assumption that there will be no further releases in the current classic green logo format? And will there be a switch of existing lines over to the new white logo format, as per the CB to Olive…? And will Naim offer a reboxing service? Interesting times…

1 Like

A phono stage that sits (at a price point maybe GBP £1200-1500) between StageLine and SuperLine.

[Edit ] option to upgrade, with addition of HiCap PSU, to achieve best performance, (not SuperCap).

Half size case, same as HiCap.

3 Likes

I wish : a 500 integrated amp with dac and streamer
A new dac with aes ebu input
A shoes box amp nait 5i

Happy new year naim

2 Likes

Progressive replacement of XS/Classic/500 series in Uniti/Solstice/Statement style.

4 Likes

I realise this is a Wish List, but don’t you think if Naim could produce one box of equal SQ to six 500 boxes they would have done so by now?

2 Likes

Would be nice but I wonder what it would sound like.

1 Like

Superline2

3 Likes

This applies to most things I want next. Maybe a 555PS2 so there will be a flood of upgrade opportunities for us at the level down?

2 Likes

I’d just be happy with the ND5 XS2 I ordered last June…

17 Likes

Another vote for a phono stage between Stageline and Superline. Makes me wonder if the Solstice phono stage is limited to a run of 500 or the foundation for another phono stage independent of Solstice.

1 Like