Wish list for new naim products in 2022 and beyond

I really wish Naim would come out with a replacement for the 272 but time goes by without notice so I have started considering buying a Uniti Atom Headphone Edition instead. But preferably I would like a replacement in the same design as the rest of my equipment so it is not easy to make a decision.

Maybe it’s worth waiting for the Munich High End show which will be held in May …

3 Likes

Thanks Suedkiez :+1:

1 Like

Yes, it would be a good opportunity to announce a successor, we have to keep our fingers crossed!

Without wanting to wander to much off thread…I have been looking at the IS-1000, they also do a ‘Deluxe’ version and one without an inbuilt phono…looks very promising…
(I have been emailing them directly in Italy over the past few days and their responses/response times have been very good).

Coming back on thread, pls can Naim do a super-integrated amp !

1 Like

An ND555 level Headphone amp with remote control with upgrade potential to use HiCap, Supercap or CD555PS.

Just want Naim to come with a super integrated amp. Only 2 boxes. The amp and Ndx 2 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes its that deluxe version I’m interested in to replace the study kit. I have their ph10 and psu10 in the main system, and recently acquired a ds-10 to try out. I like their styling, build quality and the sound quality. The only thing that is holding me back is the control app. There is a fundamental problem for me in the way it operates. As you say they are very communicative and I’m in email contact with them to see if they or their proprietary supplier can improve this area in a future version. If they can then the Is 1000 will probably be my next big change. I really would like to stay with Naim but I’m too old to wait for Naim to develop and catch up with demand for new products. An integrated centre such as the IS 1000 but with the Naim history and product confidence I would happily pay more for, but I just don’t see anything coming.

They seem pretty good, just ordered the PH10 and PSU10 for the main system…

Interesting comments on the control app…the ‘Deluxe’ version looks on paper to be a good package.

I think ‘super-integrated’ amps will become very popular in the near timescale…not sure (IMHO) if Naim are on the ball these days, very happy to be proven wrong…

Good luck

1 Like

I sometimes wonder what would happen if Naim used the Statement case to make a super(nova )uniti? As with the Statement, you could separate the power supply from the preamp and streamer as this chassis already allows. A one-box solution that could re-define what is possible from a streamer amp, the downside would be the cost.

Lol. I was thinking up to 10k not up to 100k.

3 Likes

I guess there will be nothing…

I guess there will be a new 272

1 Like

I also hope so, but I have a feeling that Naim will gradually ignore the Hi-End market and focus on lifestyle products, much more people prefer to go to all-in-one system and so traditional Hi-End items could not make enough profit for Naim. I really hope I am wrong.

2 Likes

And Here Is The News!!!
Naim Product Announcements!!!

New Naim DAC5 (in an Atom case no volume control, but keeps display)
NACS 262 (Streamer/DAC) - to replace 272 (in a Uniti Nova case)
NAP 120 (in a Core case, minus slot)
NAP 280 (in a Nova case, minus volume control) both power amps able to power NACS 262!
HiCapDR3 (in a Uniti Core case, minus slot)
SuperCapDR3 (Nova case no display or volume control)

Thank you Santa!

:santa:

1 Like

We can only dream - :crazy_face:

1 Like

I very much doubt this. Not only because I know a little bit about what is under development (and no, I’m under NDA and won’t be saying anything here or anywhere else), but also because Naim’s No.1 priority is and always has been performance, and it’s what is done at the high end that then can be fed back into the all-in-ones. And let’s not forget that even a “lowly” Atom is very much high end hifi for the majority.

Let’s not also forget what was one of Naim’s most recent products? A high end turntable! How cool is that?!

7 Likes

Which was, however, never different

I am not :laughing: I always think all-in-one is just a compromise of SQ, which is not serious HiFi

Then this is good. Just my personal taste that the traditional multi-box is serious HiFi. All-in-one is more or less a kind of compromise. No matter how advanced the technology applied in an all-in-one system is but all-in-one could not seriously beat a multi-box system, of course I mean in most but not all cases. I just hope Naim continues investing in Hi-End items and stay true to beliefs of Hi-End