Witch Hat Morgana

Well, this has simplified an upcoming purchasing decision.

Used SuperLumina it is!

Strange times we live in. WH products seemed to be in demand, but obviously behind the scenes there were issues.

Sad news for those losing jobs.

5 Likes

Sad all round. It seems that having a good product and lots of knowledge was not enough.

I have just seen the price of s/h Superlumina XLRs or eBay. Crikey!

4 Likes

Yes this is what was making us consider WH.

SL interconnect which were 1.1k now go for 1.5k+, XLR pair for 300 is off the scale!

Might have a chat to dealer to see if a deal on new is possible.

2 Likes

FWIW, I switched to Morgana XLRs for my 300DR because I had done so previously for my olive 250.

They were a meaningful upgrade over what came in the box with the 300DR, but if anything less so than the uplift on the old 250 had been. Standard cables are pretty good.

Also, a couple of weeks after I got them, there was a seller of just the WH XLR I had bought on the pink site.

If SL cables are beyond someone’s means, or sense of VFM shame, there are still options…

2 Likes

AV Options (Chris West formerly from Naim) in the US has recently introduced a new line of cables. Pricing is more than the Witch Hat but less than the SL’s so that is another option. No 30 day Return though.

Just received a pair of their RCA-DIN signal cables. They have DIN to XLR’s for the 250 and 300 as well.

3 Likes

They reached out out to me last Friday stating “sorry, been on holiday for my birthday and couldn’t keep up with emails”. They dis say they could get me a build slot for next week but I wasn’t convinced and asked for a refund.

Shame as the product is great, I’m guessing that supplier costs went up and up and that’s maybe what’s caused the back order issues.

Hopefully see them again in some way, shape or form.

3 Likes

This is very disappointing, had ordered a pair of XLR’s for my 300DR & was really looking forward to them. Does AV options have any posted info on their cables, after a quick look I didn’t see them listed on their site? I was a big fan of the Morgana cables & looking to pair with my Morgana source cables, I find OCC copper to be very good & also what I use with my non Naim power cords. Anyone else make XLR’s for the 300 that are also shielded like the Morgana?

1 Like

I never understood the hype around Witch Hat. I tried their speaker cable once, it was so boring sounding compared to NACA5.

4 Likes

Really sad news, all my dealings with them have been excellent, last being August of last year, and great products, quite a loss :disappointed:

8 Likes

They are not on the site yet. I learned about them from an email as I’m on their mailing list. I had to send an email to order them. They took about 5 weeks.

I have about 40 hrs on them and I like them better than the Chord Sig TA. They say they sound best after 75-100 hrs.

The pair of DIN to XLR for the 300DR are 1999 usd.

I would inquire on their site.

1 Like

I nominate you for post of the year. Give that man a badge :1st_place_medal::trophy:

This place is full of very enthusiastic and emotional people. If there is one thing I’ve learned and that is not to buy anything based on ravings to be found on this forum but instead to take that as an idea and to trust my own ears and demo something. After that if happy then buy.

I called this company because I was thinking of changing the bell wires between the 252 and 300 but did not bother in the end.

6 Likes

As a very satisfied Morgana and Spectre owner I’m sad to learn of WH’s demise.

There’s no doubt in my mind that their products were excellent and well engineered.

Unfortunately, with the benefit of hindsight, we can now see that their levels of corporate diligence, customer service and financial agility were severely lacking.

I hope everyone who has outstanding monies lodged with WH gets a successful resolution.:crossed_fingers:

FWIW……the Spectres are outstanding speaker cables and I’m counting myself very lucky to have received them 6 weeks ago as part of what is presumably the only batch that made it into production.

7 Likes

Had a look at AV options website, but seems they will ship US only.

In the UK there is CHC Custom Hifi cables where the Blue range of interconnects looks interesting to replace source DIN-DIN.

Could be £180 down the drain whilst I find a reasonably priced SuperLumina, or could be a revelation! Who knows.

3 Likes

ive just seen Witch Hat have gone into receivership

would advise caution before placing orders, and check first

The ability to order has been removed, so it’s not possible.

Or their Silver range…

Yes, lot more expensive though!

The Blue range (silver screened copper conductors with extra shielding) looks a closer fit to SuperLumina construction.

1 Like

I’d be interested to hear how you get on with them, or any other members already using them.

I had 2 x Morgana orders in with WH so I’ll await the outcome of the refund requests I’ve lodged with my credit card issuer before moving forward elsewhere.

Chord Epic is another similarly priced (to Morgana) alternative, just FYI.

1 Like

I’m seriously peeved at the moment. Paid £1600 for spectre cable and xps buddy in Easter sale by bank transfer. Had bought from them previously with no issues. Bank will not entertain refund☹️. Let’s hope the business can be resumed, or this was a harsh lesson that one should use credit card for larger purchases

6 Likes

I fear the latter, unfortunately… :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes