Witch Hat Morgana

So they extended the Easter sale and then they didn’t ship those orders. That’s really low…. :-1::-1::-1:

9 Likes

So I only found out today. I had been mailing them for the last month with no reply, last time was last week. Decided to ring them today, and phone rang off, so checked on line to hear the news. So disappointed in them at the moment, and unlikely to get any of my hard earned back​:frowning::frowning:. Think I will immerse myself in music and wine this evening​:wine_glass::wine_glass:

9 Likes

A glimmer of light for anyone who paid on a credit card in the UK, I filed a claim yesterday with MBNA for £1,000 related to 2 x Morgana cables ordered in March and I’ve been credited in my account today.

I’m pleased with that swift outcome obviously and that some others will likely get their money back but left with a very hollow feeling that so many will be outside of the UK Section 75 rule. I sincerely hope everyone gets recompense or at least return of non-serviced assets once the insolvency practitioners follow their process and possibly a buyer takes the business on.

To me this is a hard lesson to look more carefully at who I’m buying from and on what terms. If I think back now, I’ve often bought products from smaller businesses with an innovative edge, however in every other case where goods were not immediately available or had to be built, it was a deposit up-front followed by payment on delivery. So sad so many of us were sucked into an empty promise and the actions of these people will tarnish how all of us approach suppliers in future.

Best wishes and good luck to everyone caught up in this fiasco.

6 Likes

Really sorry to hear this, Neil. I hope you eventually get your money back!

1 Like

I filed my Amex claim last night.

Then emailed the company saying “I hope you enjoyed your birthday….in Munich”.

I will never purchase from anyone related to this company ever again.

5 Likes

I agree. But how would you know if an ex Witch Hatter is working at another company if they stay below the radar?

1 Like

Spidey-senses

3 Likes

…sad news…hardly for those caught up in the demise of another business, creditors likely to loose at least something. I hope no forum member looses as a result of this.

On behalf of a friend, I hand delivered a unit some years ago, a PS for repair, to this same outfit, living relatively locally. Clearly at the time, very definitely to my surprise, a back bedroom operation, on the outskirts of the city of roundabouts. Unit repair totally ineffective and I understand unit eventually went to hq, who reported, unit not repaired to spec, nor with manufacturer approved parts!

Recent pictures of premises suggest an enhanced operation. No knowledge of the subsequent ops, but payment in advance suggests using customer orders as working capital. Recent interest rate rises, increased costs and overhangs from the pandemic will lead many businesses into similar situations.

What is most disappointing, is how easy it is for any business to simply pull up the draw bridge on trading. Personal customers are directed to chargeback or section 75. Other creditors and suppliers, largely pot luck as to what is recovered. Obligations under a lease can be effectively dumped, if the business ceases to trade. All too easy for owners and connected parties, to simply restart in a parallel or similar guise, walking away from financial obligations. It may be allowed, but the ethics of business today, are a long way from the trust that used to exist. Too many legitimate businesses are deciding that they have reached the end of the road and close, because of how business is conducted today. Few businesses as suppliers, can afford to be let down by trade customers, who accept goods or servcies, then ditch their financial obligations.

5 Likes

Or Naim will hire them back to reinstate DR upgrades or servicing kit. That would be a shock :flushed:

3 Likes

Sad to hear this. A niche company with some great quality products. I’ve not heard the speaker cables but the I thought the interconnects were really very good. I hope everyone who has placed an order gets their money back.

3 Likes

I ordered cable in the Easter sale and was told lag time of 3 weeks and a few weeks after paying was told they were waiting for parts. Seems like that is the standard reply for all their products. Cables may have been good but they are a bunch of Shiites as far I’m concerned.

7 Likes

Same story with all their products it seems. They were cashing in as much as they could with excuses on missing parts, people sick etc and then closed the door. Maybe the CFO is doing his final degree on Maldives right now.

2 Likes

Some of the comments in this thread are a bit harsh. I doubt that there has been any intentional large scale scam in place. I truly believe that Stu, Nick and Mark did all they could to avoid the current situation. Hopefully everyone understands that this was a very small scale business, only handful people involved. Furthermore based on the last filed accounts it was evident that the company was in deep waters already a year ago (showing negative equity position).

8 Likes

Has the parallel Spectre/Phantom thread disappeared?

1 Like

I’m surprised it lasted as long as it did. It turned rather toxic recently.

3 Likes

Maybe being modded with regards the off topic “discussions”.

Several of us made an effort, but I am not too surprised that that thread and its separate appendix have now gone.

2 Likes

@JosquinDesPrez @NickofWimbledon @lazyscott. Thanks!

Did the Spectre thread get liquidated?

1 Like

Put into administration apparently but might yet reappear with some minor changes.

.sjb

4 Likes