WOODSTOCK,..Celebrates 50-years with Fogerty

:small_blue_diamond:Mike-B,…No…It’s not about it,as I wrote earlier…

:black_small_square:"And…It’s not about me to agree with you or vice versa.
It is about his recognition and greatness by the music industry,…And it is well documented."

But I do not have time to write more now,…I’m going to install a really High-End system for a friend.
So I’ll return with a comment to your last post.

/Peder🙂

1 Like

OK Peder, but please you are on a fools errand with this, your opinion is your own, you do no need or even stand a hope of convincing me. As I said yesterday, what you think is ‘great’ is to me just ‘pop’.
Regarding whatever the well documented stuff you have in mind, please no, music industry press scribes are just bigging up whatever they’re getting paid for.

And please please please will you stop your big font statements, its the internet way of shouting, its rude & offensive.

2 Likes

That’s hardly a pre cursor for quality Take That and New Kids on the Block could probably boast better hit/sales figures than that.

Well - add me to your list. I was and am a very big fan. Simple but addictive Rock ‘n’ Roll.

One of the first albums I bought as a young teenager in the 70s was ‘Cosmos Factory’ by CCR, followed closely by ‘Pendulum’.

Comfortably in the top 100 bands for me and a long way ahead of quite a lot of the more fashionable bands. John Fogerty in my opinion has always been very underrated.

3 Likes

Another often dismissed (perhaps in her case because of well known song covers by the New Seekers and the Wurzels) and very underrated artist.

I saw her at the Glasgow Apollo in the mid 70s, and as TiberioMagadino states, she was a delight.

1 Like

I think that this is quite a dangerous statement. I too am primarily a ‘blues’ and ‘rock’ fan (my definition of ‘blues’ and ‘rock’).

I would categorize the Beatles as a ‘Pop’ band, but I would never dismiss them as being ‘just Pop’.

1 Like

I very much doubt it, but I hope you weren’t seriously suggesting that these two bands can even begin to compare with JF and CCR.

1 Like

‘dangerous’, really !!!. I don’t take music quite that seriously.
My comment about it being pop was not meant in a derogatory way, it was more in response to the manner of the OP that Fogerty & CCR was some kind of Woodstock star, when he/they were probably one of the least impressive bands at Woodstock in music & sound terms & compared to most of the rest they were at the ‘pop’ end of the Woodstock genre spectrum.

Yes - I should have said ‘controversial’ rather than ‘dangerous’.

I still think they were pretty good and certainly not deserving of the label ‘one of the least impressive bands’.

2 Likes

Rock? Pop? Who cares? If you like Fogerty’s and CCR’s music (and I do) then it really doesn’t matter what class you put it in.

3 Likes

I thought NKB as us fans like to call the boys where a damn fine band much underrated around these parts.
I thought the lyrics on Hangin Tough especially gritty.

It’s obviously a generational thing and related to the music with which we were brought on as kids and teenagers - in my case the late 60s and early 70s.

I had heard of ‘Take that’ and could name a couple of band members over the years even if I couldn’t name any of their songs. However, although I had heard of NKB, I genuinely knew nothing whatsoever about them. I had to check out the track you mentioned in Roon/Tidal. Not my cup of tea although that means nothing. It certainly doesn’t mean that they aren’t any good - just that I wouldn’t personally choose to listen to them.

I don’t like music snobbery, even if I am as guilty as the next man of indulging in it.

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:Hmack,…The same here,.there is where my musical “roots” is.
Albeit I listen to most of the music-styles.

And I totally agree with you in everything you have written so far.

:small_blue_diamond:John,…Absolutely right,.otherwise it will be a little musically snobbery over it all.

Directly from the “roots”,.simple foot stamping, directly from the heart,like John Fogerty’s music.

:small_blue_diamond:Mike-B,…How do you know it,…Were you there.?

What I wrote in my starting post in this thread,.was a compilation of what the major music-magazines (Billboard, Rolling Stone etc, etc) posted in their reviews about this Woodstock-Festival.

Not what I personally thought,.because I was not there,so I do not know.

See below…

":small_orange_diamond:Creedence Clearwater Revival’s set,…
featuring John Fogerty…

…was one of the true highlights of the festival.
Though they started late in the night,the way they played their already wildly popular songs,.demonstrated a band that was at the top of their game."

:black_small_square:But there is no need to be an “Einstein”…to understand that there is a reason for,.that Woodstock’s management-team,.chooses to book John Fogerty for this year’s 50 Anniversary Festival.
End of Story.

:small_blue_diamond:Mike-B,…:joy::grin::joy:,.Okay,.but you know.

I let you live in that delusion,…And Go On Keep Rocking Anyway.

:small_blue_diamond:TiberioMagadino,…Your entire post was interesting and well written.

I would think that we have a lot of musical roots together,.if we were to meet.
I have somewhere between 9500-10 000 vinyl discs,…3-4 of them is Tina Turner and maybe 2-3 are ZZ Top discs.

I go and listen to Jazz live every Saturday.
So I try to cover the whole musical spectrum.
But as I have written earlier,…my roots are in Blues and Rock’n’Roll.
Even though I don’t know anything about Rock :wink::joy:.

/Peder🙂

Unfortunately no. After the events in USA during 1968, it no longer had the magic that I found in the summer of 1966. I did see a lot of the Woodstock bands live in UK, Europe & USA. Plus like a lot of people, I have video & soundtracks from Woodstock. My opinion is based on all of that & also what was in my group of rock & progressive music friends & like minded people during those days.

1 Like

Special Guest John Fogerty

:small_blue_diamond:John Fogerty was a special guest at Tina Turner’s…
“Twenty Four Seven Millenium World Tour”
in Hamburg Germany,on 19 July 2000.

It was 19 years ago,.and now this summer he returns to Woodstock after 50 years.
Years go by,.but this guy still has his voice.

/Peder :slightly_smiling_face:

Still Going Strong…

In Gothenburg,.John Fogerty.

:small_blue_diamond:Creedence Clearwater Revival’s music is very much alive.

When the group’s frontman John Fogerty plays at Liseberg amusement-park in Gothenburg on Wednesday evening (yesterday 10/7),.it is crowded.
The amusement-park was forced to close the gates 15 minutes before the advertised start at 20 o’clock,.reports the newspapers.

There is no chaos,.but we have closed the gates for safety reasons,says park manager Anders Fridehäll to the newspaper.

Fogerty also played for a sold out Dalhalla on Monday 8/7.
The biggest newspapers in Sweden praised the performance of the veteran and his guitar ability.

:small_orange_diamond:This summer’s best concert according to the reviews.
Just to Congratulate Woodstock for a good booking.

/Peder🙂

Performers free to jump off the new Woodstock.

:small_blue_diamond:"After the drag patches,Poster-name John Fogerty (Sorry they write so Mike-B :grin::joy::grin:),.and Jay-Z dropped out of the commemorative version of the Woodstock festival.

All the artists contracted for the event can choose if they want to appear or not,.Billboard writes.
With just a few weeks to go,.rapper Jay-Z withdrew from his appearance at Woodstock 50, the new edition of the Woodstock-Festival, according to Variety.
Jay-Z would have played last of all the artists at the three-day festival.

•The announcement comes shortly after the Rock Star John Fogerty (Sorry again,.that they wrote Rock Star Mike-B :grin::joy::grin:) has jumped off.
The organizers of the festival have,.according to Billboard,emailed all bands and artists and announced that they will not force them to play at the event.
The artists,.however,are still invited to play at the festival,.according to the email that the magazine has taken note of.

Woodstock 50 has recently received a residency in an outdoor arena in Maryland,.where there is only room for a fraction of the giant crowd that organizer Michael Lang previously promised.

•According to a statement,.John Fogerty got tired of all the confusion surrounding the festival, and chose to only participate in a minor nostalgia gig in the village of Bethel…
Along with a handful of other artists who,.like him played on the original Woodstock 1969.

The reason that Jay-Z also cancels his participation is not yet known.

Woodstock 50 marks the 50 anniversary of the classic model,.but have had many problems since it was first announced in January.
Among other things,.one main financier withdrew and in June it was evicted from its first planned place on the Watkins Glen race track in the state of New York.

:small_orange_diamond:Woodstock 50 takes place on 16-18 August. Also booked are artists like Miley Cyrus, The Killers and Santana."

•This above is information from the Swedish TV,.freely translated to English,…except my little joke with Mike-B :grin:.

/In the Sun…
Peder🙂

Nice to know you can still joke Peder after such a shock as to read that someone thinks that he’s not worthy.

Fogerty is going to another event at Woodstock’s original site in Bethel, NY., its nothing to do with Woodstock 50

The betting in UK & USA press is that Woodstock 50 will not take place; they have permit refusals, no financial partner(s) & no production company. And with no venue & tickets not on sale & due to start 16-Aug to 18-Aug … … ???

:small_blue_diamond:@Mike-B,…:+1:t2::grin::joy::grin: About the first thing you wrote.

:small_blue_diamond:Mike-B,…I know,.It says in my post above :+1:t2:.

:small_blue_diamond:I have also read about this Mike-B.

Both you and I have organized Live-Events,.if I perceived you right.
So you really think about,how they have succeeded in creating this chaos.

•An Iconic Live-Event,.like Woodstock 50-Anniversary,.should be a goldmine for an Event-organizer.
And so it will be like this instead,.this is the most fabled festival ever.

So I understand that the performers are leaving,.and choose to play on the original place instead.
I had also done that if I were an artist,…Especially if I was with 50 years ago.
To be allowed to return to the same place 50 years later,.that must be a tremendous feeling.

Many from that time is dead,.because of a hard Rock’n’ Roll-life with drugs and alcohol.

:small_orange_diamond:But as an artist…
To get to play on the original place,.it’s Woodstock.
If they so only will come 100 persons and listen.

/Peder🙂

I really don’t see this ‘planned’ event as iconic, yes its over 3 days & with 70-80 acts on the list. But associating it with 1969 Woodstock doesn’t fit with me; many of the iconic Woodstock people are not with us anymore, of the 70+ bands in the line up only 8 (with the same band/artist names) are from the 1969 line-up - Grateful Dead, Santana, David Crosby, Melanie, John Sebastian, Hot Tuna, Canned Heat & Country Joe.