Work for today

It is the dream mankind always wanted to fulfil. If kids are a bit older I might well get my PPL. Did you ever fly internationally? Or just UK?

I was based in The Trucial States (now the UAE) from 68 to 72. We flew Hunters. Then Oman 72 and 73 where we had Strikemasters. That was 5 month Operational tours in Salalah rotating with 5 months training at Bait al Falahj/Seeb.

I was back in the UAE in 80/81 as an instructor and I’ve spent time on and off in western Canada since 2000.

But the rest has been UK based

2 Likes

Oh! and a little bit in Norway

4 Likes

The pilot is just part of the safety system …

I’ve never been to NZ but others i’ve met have, and those that have done a plane ride into Milford Sound have been awe-struck. Everyone has been enthralled.

I’m feeling envious. I’m assuming you enjoyed the trip ?

2 Likes

Mr & Mrs Mike probably did; from the pictures, I’m not sure whether Miss Mike noticed!

Reminds me of the story that Billy Connolly used in his stand-ups, where he and Pam hired a “winnebago” type camper for a tour of Scotland with theIr kids. Forget the glorious scenery, the leaping Salmon etc. The best bit from the kids point of view was that they could get Sesame Street on the telly!

1 Like

Yes, it was quite fabulous, a real “bucket list” experience - not that I have a list. We flew from Queenstown over the Southern Alps and back. It’s mind-blowingly beautiful.

2 Likes

You could always do Milford Haven instead?!

4 Likes

I have been retired since 2006. But i do miss the
Laughing and drinking in the office.

???
You must work for MI5.

1 Like

Yo do not know what it is like to have jam sandwiches
For 50 years that was my lunch at work. My mother
Was fed up making them

1 Like

I live on my grandmothers pension

I was informed you do not come to work to enjoy
Your self. I did.

Que?

Who or what informed you?

The boss in jest. I only had fun lunchtime or after work. Like naim community people thought iam a
Funny lad

Software testing all week. Hurrah.

The issue is that all the pretty much untestable stuff remains which got piled up on my virtual desk. It is like testing an all-terrain car, but having only a flat asphalt road.

Today I have a 3 hour training session on Teams. Mind numbingly boring.

I’ve found that during lockdown everyone seems to want to host some kind of training session. I have 4 this week!

1 Like

What subject are the trainings, HorsesMcFaddon?

I’m lucky that I don’t have to attend trainings. As a matter of personal education I have dipped my toe in ServiceNow & Power BI development - but thats my own choice.

Metalworking PowerPoint presentation today. Sigh.

Well this evening was another mental heath support shift.

2 Likes

Really? Are you serious or joking here?