WW2 Aircraft experts - help needed with ID

A little too high for me Mike to find it’s not working…must have been great fun though.

1 Like

A really fantastic photo Simon. A delight to see such classic aircraft captured so well. The mark 9 Spitfire was my favourite. It was the model that also definitively superior to its rival the Me 109G and never bettered as the best all round Spit IMHO.

1 Like

And of course the Hurricane, in this case a Royal Navy Hawker Sea Hurricane Mk1B from 1940 - Z7015

and from between the wars, a Hawker Tomtit, 1928

From 1918, The Avro 504K

5 Likes

I think we need a vintage aircraft photos thread :thread:.

Cracking photo , mine were rubbish of those two

1 Like

Are they from Old Warden or Duxford ?

Those three photos were taken at Old Warden.

1 Like

Simon, fantastic seeing those two together.

I have to admit I do miss seeing and hearing the spitfire from Headcorn, just down the road. At this time of year you could be reasonably certain of it flying overhead on the majority of days, but with lockdown the skies have been eerily free of the sound of a distant merlin engine getting ever closer.

Speaking of Spitfires and Mustangs, for anyone who used to enjoy building models in their youth, or even still enjoys building them today (especially during lockdown), this chap has taken model building to the next level;

https://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Glen.htm

6 Likes

Now that is some model…
BTW a vintage aircraft photo thread… or simply vintage trains, planes and automobiles sounds a cracking idea

2 Likes

Have started the vintage trains planes and automobiles thread

Best wishes

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.