Xps dr

Love the fact that you have updated your system profile already!

Can feel that excitement!

4 Likes

Oh yes! Still no rack! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

When I got my first Naim in 1983 I used four of these for a rack.

3 Likes

The price of building blocks are high enough without your thumbs up😁

2 Likes

Congratulations Stephen! I’m sure you will let us know how it goes. Does the Xps-dr need breaking in like other components?

1 Like

You can pick the Fraim up on Monday. Lol. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I have no clue marcusman and thank you. Hopefully not?! :joy:

1 Like

Reminds me of the joke about the camel that wouldn’t drink from the oasis before setting off across the Sahara.

G

1 Like

So, I need two more poll options. That you would change your mind once, and that you would change your mine twice. Three strikes and you’re out sorry.

1 Like

Mine was about £250 for 4 plates, so about the same price and I’m really pleased with the result.

1 Like

Sorry Mike_S - your Poll is accurate. :grimacing: :+1:

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, I flip flop on these things to, but I think you have landed in the right place. Off course it’s not over until the fat lady sings.

5 Likes

For what it’s worth Stephen, I think you made the right choice, However I just hope that with the changes is SQ from the recent firmware ‘Upgrade’ that you can actually decipher the benefits of the xpsdr.

2 Likes

Congratulations Stephen!

Looking forward to your feedback once you have had a chance to give it a listen…

3 Likes

I went for the 555DR. I don’t regret it.

5 Likes

Just WoW!! Like really silly WoW!! :rofl:

At first i thought mmm… Turned everything off and took out the Burndy. I did the de-stress thing with it, tried not to let anyone see what i was doing, otherwise my partner would’ve had the men in white coats come out to get me. Plugged the Burndy back in. Unbelievable upgrade. Like BOOM! :rofl:

11 Likes

More details on what happens please :+1:

1 Like

More slam, transient attack, more of everything really! It’s miles better! :joy: My system needs to warm up as it’s been turned off all morning, but even so, it’s like the bands have climbed out of my speakers and got on stage. I’m already stoked! More later!:rofl:

4 Likes

Oh one other thing here if i may. I couldn’t find anywhere in the manual about which end the white tag goes on the Burndy? I did contact my dealer and he was sure it went the NDX 2 end, but didn’t sound 100% certain. I have done just that anyway. I hope i have it the way around! Many thanks for any advice given here.

1 Like

That’s good news Stephen, just like I told you yesterday. I bet a new rack never gave someone that reaction.:+1:t6:

3 Likes