Your Favourite Christmas Song

“Quando nascette Ninno” by Alfonso Maria De Liguori in Neapolitan slang.

2 Likes

If you fancy something a little different give “A Christmas Trilogy” a try by Trans Siberian Orchestra or it constituent albums.

Some interesting takes on Christmas Carols amongst other Christmas themed ones.

For the rock liking half of me

Sabaton - A Christmas Truce

1 Like

Thanks, I shall give that a whirl!

I’m a big fan of the traditional choral Christmas offerings such as from Magdalen, Oxford, King’s Cambridge and the Clare College singers/orchestra, so was checking the criteria in my original response.

Because of the thread I’m currently listening to the Greg Lake Christmas song on my ‘Best Christmas’ album and it’s the first time I’ve done so on this current system. It all sounds epic - I had no idea so much had gone into all the Christmas songs which to be honest are often just background to a social gathering, car ride or shopping trip (gag).

• Every single songs in Celine Dion’s “These Are Special Times”
  • Christmas Time - Bryan Adams
  • Let It Be Christmas - Alan Jackson
  • Do They Know it’s Christmas - Band Aid

Prince William?

I was thinking of Charles’s coronation, which is in May or June of next year, as far as I know.

Who knows what may happen to William. He’ll now have a long wait to start his proper job, if his father’s experience is anything to go by.

1 Like

Thought so, but Charles is King now. The Coronation will be just a religious event, not a constitutional one.
Hope you are well.

Ah, understood, I don’t consider myself at all expert in these matters!

I’m all right, thanks, but I keep ordering new LPs, and it’s rather in the lap of the gods whether I’ll get them all safely - I know that some have gone back to Amazon, dammit!

I know that I shouldn’t (and I’m getting grief from my son) but I’m bored out of my mind.

1 Like

Certainly not as long as Charles.

Edward VII had nine years after Victoria died.

A beautiful song. Happy Xmas all

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.