Your favourite musical decade and why…

Ok. My first album was Led Zep III followed by Yessongs. I soon built up a small collection of the usual suspects for the era, but became just a little more adventurous with artists such as Loudon Wainwright, John Otway, and Neil Young. However, as the 70’s progressed, my music buying came to a halt. The mid 80’s, and a works colleague 10 years my junior mentioned his interest in Yes and our conversations re-ignited my interests, and now I was buying CDs. However, at first it seemed that new music on a par to what I craved was thin on the ground. But, I soon found a new source of quality recordings in the form of world music, and in particular African music from the likes of Papa Wemba, Baaba Maal, Oliver Mtukudzi, and The four Brothers (and many others). My sense to search out new music more recently threw other genres into the mix. Jazz ranging from Rebirth Brass Band, Trombone Shorty, Miles Davis, Weather Report, and Jan Garberek gained a significance. Other artists, such as Mary Gauthier, Bellowhead, Hazmat Modine, and Moishes Bagel are now counted amongst my firm favourites. So, I conclude that excellent music is still to be found amongst more recent artists as well some from earlier times that I had previously overlooked. But, the music will not just come to you. Do a bit of digging and there are gems to be found that are every bit as good as that from our golden eras.

Very true! Since I have had a streamer and access to internet radio (especially Radio Paradise) I have discovered a lot of new artists, and listen to music I would not have even considered a few years ago, including jazz, folk and blues. Streaming is a very good thing!

Agree, a lot of good music today to be found. Bandcamp is a good place for me. I have my favourite years or era, that I listen only on vinyl. But I listen maybe 60% of time nowadays jazz through my streamer.

:+1:
Maybe I have to make some research about buying one :blush:

1 Like

It was just a cool kids/teen bike - fun to ride and nothing pretentious. or professional.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.