Your Most Interesting Live Album

This was the Pie’s swansong to be sure. My favourite live album by far. As you say, raw energy and you can tell they were having a ball. Frampton had already committed to leave before it was released, but paradoxically it was their biggest hit so he regretted it for a short while before his on-going massive success as a solo act. However, notice that Frampton Comes Alive doesn’t get a mention, despite it’s massive success.

1 Like

@rossd Love the bit “This is it we’re going off after this”… then back on for another encore and the classic

“Three things made tonight so enjoyable, David Bowie, Mick Jagger and You, they’ve just gone and you’re still here. I’d like to introduce to you…one of the finest rock n’ roll guitar players in the world. Ladies & gentlemen Ariel Benderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

He wasn’t joking as they launch into a monster version of Walking with a Mountain.

3 Likes

Ian Hunter certainly knew how to whip up an audience!

4 Likes

Got to be this one for me, in the 2LP version. Miles Davis ‘Agharta’.

3 Likes

Very lucky to have seen him twice as Hunter Ronson - I remember at the Dominion Theatre with Dogs D’Amour as support.

3 Likes

Mark Eitzel - Songs of Love Live

A beautiful record with an album of songs that are as close to perfection as you’ll get.

1 Like

Cale, Eno, Ayers and Nico… that’s some line-up. Great music too!

9 Likes

Difficult to choose, so I decided to post more than one album.

1 Like

I want the whole concert released.

2 Likes

Eno again, this time with Manzanera and others. Famous for that fab version of “Tomorrow Never Knows”…

10 Likes

There’s been two famous Lou live albums in this thread… but there’s a third we must consider. It’s not the best live album ever made, but – with Lou at his grumpiest and most perverse – it’s certainly the funniest!

5 Likes

It is the best stand up routine I’ve heard Lou is just a hoot on this album.

2 Likes

Fortunate to see the Bender version of Hoople live. They were a superb live band.

3 Likes

Never anything other than interesting Richman.

5 Likes

Ariel Bender was just an amazing guitar player but was booted out to make way for Mick Ronson.

Seems Ian’s problem with Ariel was he could play anything you gave him but ask him to come up with a guitar part for a song and he couldn’t.

4 Likes

Was an excellent painter and decorator by all accounts.

2 Likes

One of my favourites that hasn’t already been mentioned.

Flawless.

6 Likes

I heard at one time post Mott The Hoople he was shifting fridges.

2 Likes

Not a patch inventively on Mick Ralphs for sure, to Bad Company’s benefit.

3 Likes

I just revisited this album after not hearing it for a few years. It is on Qobuz, you will not be disappointed.

1 Like