Your Telly

All OLED panels are made by LG display.

I think rather rely on recommendations from others the best thing to do is go and look as many as you can. Settle on what size whatever features you want and how much you’re willing to pay.

I recently bought a new Samsung smart tv and whiles it’s great picture some of the smart features can be a little annoying.

‘Which’ recommends LG as ‘Best Buy’ in all categories.

Phil

When my wife and I purchased our current home in 2017 it had a theater room with a projection tv that was 10 years old. We replaced it with a Sony projector. Just now having to change the lamp for the first time. If you have the space, it’s pretty neat.

Except the latest Sony QD OLED the A95K panel is made by Samsung.

‘My Telly’ is getting very old and I don’t know what to replace it with. To my consternation I now baulk at paying what I did back in 2007 now for a new bigger and better set, sign of the times perhaps?

I have had the Samsung Qled for a while now in 75" and it’s a stunning picture, was in the price range you are quoting too.

After reading through all that and checked out some online reviews, I’ve decided on splashing out on the LG G2 OLED 65".

2 Likes

Great choice. Hope your happy with it. Feel free to update us when you’ve received it.

Hoping to get it up and running for when “Dune 2” is streamed. :grinning:

December 2021 we spent £2500.00 on a Sony A90J Oled tv, and had to have the motherboard replaced that caused many issues from new, they now admit that they are unable to get their own onboard media player to play mp4 files on a nasdrive connected to the tv, that a 2014 Panasonic tv had no trouble playing at all, they admit they don’t know what is causing the issue, they also admit they don’t know how to fix it ??? But they might find a future upgrade to the software maybe, eventually, possibly, who knows? sometime in the future, this side of the next millenium, still never mind they are quite new to all this technology aren’t they!! So perhaps they should be let off, after all it’s not their £2500.00!

1 Like

Always Panasonic TVs for me. Had one of the last Plasmas they launched and had an issue with the plastic surround peeling away.

Customer support weren’t very supportive and after a few strongly worded emails to their CEO a nice shinty 65” was delivered and I was able to keep my plasma :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Under sale of goods act can you not just give it back to the retailer with whom you have your contract of sale and tell them it is faulty and you require a fully working model or money back.

1 Like

Oh yes I’m full aware of this, but sometimes you just wish you could!

Generally speaking the same for me too having had panasonic units for over 30 years, i won’t be straying again!!

I cannot recommend the Sony 65A95KU enough. It is the best picture I have ever seen both via terrestrial and via hdmi. Expensive but you get what you pay for. It is worth setting up correctly as you really can get an excellent result with a few tweaks. I liked it so much I bought one!

I found the features aspect mind-boggling, in that there’s too much to understand about this & that. A bit like the VHS recorders of yesteryear.

Having bought a new Samsung this year, it was interesting (and in part alarming) to see that when someone with a Samsung smartphone walked in to the room, the TV detected it! Big brother and all that :grin:

I held back from spending more than £900 on a 55’’ model on the basis I don’t understand the pace of technological progression in this space and a couple of friends who have smart TVs have had issues with features/browsers becoming unsupported after only a few years.

Yes it is a bit like that. On one hand it’s great that all my streaming services will including my cable tv are all accessible in one place I don’t like there “ads”. I keep getting unwanted ads for Apple TV (which I already have) and their (Samsung) ads.

Hope it gives you what you were looking for.

Many manufacturers say their warranty is invalidated if the wall mounting is not done by a qualified person. I was thinking of doing it myself, but not so sure now.

There are lots of don’ts with an OLED TV including not putting finger pressure on the screen and not leaving a static image on for too long. Life gets more complicated!

Phil

Didn’t know that.

I’ve had a Peerless mount for about 20 years. I bought one that handles a weight range greater than my previous plasma and the newer screens are getting lighter. The best bit is that you fix a mount to the back of the screen. It then just drops into a slot on the wall mount.