Your Watch & Naim

Cheers Roog - I’m resisting the temptation to comment on your good taste in bikes lest I go off on a tangent away from the theme of timepieces! Maybe a case for a new post - “your bike and Naim”!

1 Like

As others have said, that is very nice.

Really nice dial. Is it a display back?

Yes it has a display back.
It really is a glorious piece I think. ( can you say a watch is glorious…? :joy:)

It’s model nbr is sbga375

I think you can call it glorious.

A mechanical watch is a fantastic creation. And a bit of a folly.

3 Likes

A folly indeed - but hard to resist sometimes. My JLC (posted last year as well, so apologies for the repetition):

32 Likes

but it is a stunning looking watch

1 Like

Naim’s biggest competitors aren’t always other HiFi firms, often the likes of Rolex, Omega.

3 Likes

Yeah but there not as fun to listen too. :grin:

1 Like

I do like the rubber strap on the Seamaster , my regret is thinking about the orange one, and deciding no, it can wait.

I was in Amsterdam the Feb before lockdown (2020) to see Supergrass at the Paradiso along with my brother and a mate. My brother was on the lookout for this watch and we found a great watch store. He tried it on and it was way too big for him as he has slim wrists. Of course the inevitable happened when I tried it on! It just spoke to me so I conjured up some suitable justification (a recent promotion) and bought it. I absolutely love it so no regrets but that trip was way more expensive than anticipated!

25 Likes

Very nice indeed. What size is it? I also have narrow wrists.

1 Like

It’s a Portugieser Automatic 42.3mm

I disagree. There’s something very pleasing about the ticking of a mechanical watch. :slight_smile:

You can hear your mechanical watch ? The only watches I own that I can hear are my quartz Swatches (not really mechanical watches, but the stepper motor makes a loud tick).

My Omegas and Tudor are silent, even right next to my ear.

I’ve just bought a mechanical watch, something I never thought I would do. I will post it next week when I have a minute. Apart from my late father’s 1940’s Rolex which I wear occasionally for evenings out, I have had quartz watches since school in the 70s. I’m quite excited.

3 Likes

Had mine done by Swiss Time Services (who Omega use in the UK), back in Jan '19. It was £395 and came back in a very nice box - which was good because SWMBO had thrown my original box out in a mad clear up session - yes I was fuming.

1 Like

Some are louder than others, but all can be heard ticking when next to my ear. A few even on the wrist (when it’s quiet).

Zenith Surf 1970

16 Likes

Just placed my 2000 Sub next to my ear, wow what a lovely ‘fast’ mechanical sound. An inch away and you can’t hear it!

1 Like

That’s lovely. IWC make some fine watches. Even at their ‘entry level’.

11 Likes