Your Watch & Naim

I once sent mine for a service, a few years ago.

When it came back I was told it was in perfect condition and didn’t need a service.

I didn’t have to pay anything, not even the shipping costs! Not what I expected :thinking:

Edit
This is my previous system. I no longer have it.

21 Likes

Master Control is it? Lovely…

Yes, it is a Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Control.

It’s a classic understated design that contrasts a bit with what we usually see.

I also like the Reverso, emblematic of the brand, with its Art Deco style.

4 Likes

No idea who the manufacturer is but it has a Swiss Quartz movement, Sapphire Crystal glass and looks good with my bike!

8 Likes

You have a Bianchi?

[edit] I’ve just zoomed in and seen the name on the watch. I was guessing from the colour.

Interesting that it’s a swiss movement rather than a far East one

1 Like

Eek! I had a similar sight after swimming off Manoel Island with my Rado Diamaster 10 some years back. It had been serviced but I’d forgotten that the crown seal couldn’t be replaced and the warning not to swim with it until a suitable seal could be sourced. Too late! And by the time I got it back to the watch repairer, the salt water had done its worst to the mechanism.

2 Likes

Matthewjb

"You have a Bianchi?

Yes, an Infinito and it’s great. I recently lost my Breitling whilst out running and spotted this on the Bianchi website in their sale, with an additional 40% off it was an absolute steal at €90. Got some weight to it, waterproof and in 2 sizes. Mine is the 38mm case and I’m well chuffed.

Very much liking this which I got yesterday

32 Likes

The Reverso is the watch I would have if I wore one. As it is, I cannot stand anything on my wrist - concert bands, leisure park bands etc - and have not worn a watch for decades. Rings also annoying. My sister is the same but my brother is a walking advert for TAG, Rolex and in past years Gucci. I’ve thought of a top pocket watch too, but post pandemic rarely wear a suit to work. So, I continue to rely on my iPhone!

1 Like

Oh my days! Perfect !

1 Like

That’s a beauty, lovely dial colour.

1 Like

Very nice! I had been considering a JLC reverso and even got so far as trying one on in a jewellers, but that Grand Seiko is a lovely thing!

I am travelling to Asia in October, with Asian airports usually being a good place to pick such things up in my experience, we’ll see…

1 Like

Awesome watch!

1 Like

Looks fantastic:) enjoy it

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on your purchase.

1 Like

Wasted all my personal savings on this thing. I had been promising it would be an sn3.

11 Likes

Little difficult to see with the light reflection, what is it?

I like it @Jonners I used to have a Bianchi 1885 in the ‘Celeste’ colour, I sold it when we moved house a few years ago, I regret that now, although i did keep my Carbon C2C and Colnago Master.

A Tissot Seastar 2000 with the helium valve and turqoise dial. I just put it on the nato strap.

3 Likes

lovely -thank you

1 Like