Your Watch & Naim

I understand Garmin have been poking fun at the usual Apple low battery life

1 Like

After about 17 hrs of usage so far including a 14.5 k tracked walk it’s showing 70% battery remaining. Suns out, of for a hike with the dog.

I think Apple were saying 36 hours so yours sounds better. Garmin says up to 34 days.

1 Like

I think they can see the writing on the wall, running bit scared I would say. only time will tell. :mantelpiece_clock:

I charge my 2017 Garmin Fenix about once a fortnight, which is usually well before it actually needs charging.

1 Like

Apple seem very good at getting us to accept having to charge devices every few hours. Not sure that works with an adventure watch

2 Likes

This is the first device I have brought from Apple after I black listed them over two and half years ago for bricking my home pod with one of their dodgy software updates. I was originally saving up for the original titanium Apple Watch which has just been surpassed with the ultra watch, that also happens to be a little bit cheaper than what I had planned for. What comes around goes around thanks to William Gregor 1791 in Cornwell Great Britain

My fenix 7s requires charging twice a week, but I do use it to record my daily 3.5 mile commutes to and from work. I may be mistaken but I suspect it is a bit heavier on power usage than its 5s predecessor.

Peter

1 Like

Mine is a 5X and I keep a black background, quite dim white display with a simple large numerical display - just the basics, no fancy watch face or functionality on display. When I’m away from home, I also use it for different workouts so probably an average of 5-7 hours a week. At home it’s used more for hiking, biking and the odd trail run, so longer periods of activity but less frequent. I have been very impressed with the battery life and much prefer this to the Sunto I had before (more reliable too). Maybe the newer models use more battery with larger displays and additional functionality?

1 Like

Have to confess to being completely useless at figuring out all of the functionality! I suspect that when using it for recording my commuting cycles, there is quite a lot going on in the background - the display on the 7s runs through several screens with various graphs and metrics displayed after you press the stop or save button. Otherwise I have the watch on an old large digital time display with very little else showing. Hence I suspect the GPS functionality may impose a larger workload on the battery. It is still mighty impressive for durability and I have had no problems - nor did I with the 5s.

Peter

1 Like

My Watch & Naim

23 Likes

There are quite a few ways to increase battery life through the settings. If you still have it on full, you will find that just turning down the backlight brightness helps a lot. Unfortunately the gps is quite power hungry but I would be surprised if you couldn’t improve on what you get now.

1 Like

Very nice.

1 Like

Thank you.
Tudor BB41 M79540
:+1:t2:

I came close to buying a Tudor in the summer. Had to resist. Went a bit cheaper in the end, but pleased to have a mechanical.

2 Likes

It’s all a personal thing so as long you got something to cherish it’s all that matters.
I can’t understand it when people go on about Uber accuracy strangely enough a mechanical watch isn’t really about that.
It’s the little mechanical marvel to enjoy. :+1:t2:

8 Likes

I have a watch insured with Ripe. The process is painless but the proof will be in the claiming, which I hope will never happen.

Our house insurance is pretty good on paper, but there is one watch that it will not adequately cover should the unthinkable happen. Ripe are one of a number of candidates for addressing this. I expect they are much of a muchness.

Back from its (in French ‘her’) holiday to Switzerland.
Good as new.

22 Likes

a beauty indeed.

2 Likes

Classic and classy.

1 Like