Your Watch & Naim

I assume that ‘she’ went home to Geneva for a little rest and recuperation. A lovely watch.
I have had three Rolex watches in over 40 years now, and I don’t imagine that I’ll need to buy another now.

1 Like

Twin :rofl:

8 Likes

Nearly both in sync. Dates are different.:smile:

2 Likes

What a classic, I often regret not getting one.

1 Like

My SD, a Z series from 2007, serviced twice, case never polished - back from when most sport Rolexes were reasonably available. I even got a discount!

11 Likes

That’s a well maintained SD :clap: Now, it’s very difficult to get any sport/professional Rolexes from AD.

My local watch dealer is now getting customers to register for Tudor.

1 Like

seriously? wow…

Three lovely Rolex watches shown in the photographs, but slightly different second hands - one red, one green, one stainless steel. Can anyone explain why (obviously slightly different models, but has the finish of the second hand changed over the years)?

The red and green hands are actually the second time zone hands (and yes, the color changed with the latest incarnation of the GMT a number of years back). On mine, the SD, there is no such hand as it’s not a GMT model.

2 Likes

Thank you, I really ought to have spotted that each of the watches has four hands, which might be thought to be a giveaway!

That said, I’m still not sure why the colour would have changed so often, which is very unusual for Rolex.

1 Like

The devil is in the detail as they say.

Sadly, I never bought a GMT, though always liking it very much, and now they’re just stupidly expensive.

Not sure the colour has changed so often. I believe it was red for decades and then changed to green with the “new” model, which was introduced more than 10 years ago.

1 Like

@davidhendon

David you’re a man in the know - I’ve been away for a week - what happended to our watch & hi fi aficionado HH all trace seems to have been deleted.

A slightly frivolous purchase and not one for the analogue purists but I rather like it, really handy not having to have your phone with you all the time when at home. Apple Watch Series 8 41mm.

4 Likes

See this thread:

You need to read down until you see Richard’s response.

1 Like

Many thanks.

What’s up? The link appears to be to a deleted thread? Hope all is well with Nigel.

Peter

Peter, just click on the title of my post, which David copied. That’ll work. It seems Nigel asked to have his account deleted. He’s still posting in the pink fishy place, and quite supportive of Naim Audio there, it would seem, so I assume he’s ok.

You can still search his posts on this forum using user @anon4489532.

Thanks Clive - I thought I could simply have clicked on the link but for some reason that did not work. I have searched and found the thread. My concern related to Nigel’s posts some time back where, following his accident, perhaps unrelated, he seemed to be suffering from deterioration in hearing. If he is posting away on the ocean with the fishies then probably not related to that issue. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Peter

Arnie at night time!

11 Likes