Your Watch & Naim

A friend:)

After a conversation here about FF’s classy Seamaster, above, one of my brothers is very keen to show you his old Omega:

13 Likes

A peter Blake ?

One day she will be mine

My brother’s is a Seamaster 2254.50

Calibre 1120

1 Like

I have the same watch.

1 Like

I love this watch

Thanks, will let my brother know about Peter Blake because I doubt he will know of the connection. I sense nothing but the standard bracelet will cut the mustard for him!

I don’t want to be pedant,but after 40 likes I must say it was a pleasure for me sharing this watch with all of you.
Grazie.

1 Like

I’ve just bought one too, a lovely watch

Did you get the White Dial or a different color?

1 Like

Christopher Ward watches look so much better with their new logo rather than having the company name plastered across the dial.
I like the white dial trident

1 Like

Would someone explain, please, why an Omega watch would be called a ‘Peter Blake’?

I know PB as the photographer behind the ‘Sergeant Pepper’ record cover, and various Swinging Sixties happenings. But not watch design.

I suppose that there may be another Peter Blake, who is a watchmaker.

1 Like

MArco :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Graham,

This Peter Blake was a sailor, but I confess I had to look him up. I’m happy to say Sir Peter Blake the painter is still working.

Derek

White dial with bracelet, so comfortable. I love CW watches.

1 Like

Thank you, Derek. Every day is indeed a schoolday with the knowledge of Members on this site.

I don’t know an awful lot about sailing (well, nothing actually) but that seems a bit of a stretch to use him as a ‘brand ambassador’ (which is the term that seems to be bandied about these days).

Omega sponsored Blake and he renamed his yacht ‘Seamaster.’ Rolex had the Explorer watch, so I guess this sponsorship was a way of associating Omega with adventure, exploration and then environmentalism. Blake was killed by pirates in the mouth of the Amazon in 2001. There seem to have been a series of Peter Blake Omegas over the years. I have little knowledge of ocean racing I confess. Derek

1 Like

I recall Omega also sponsored the Americas cup - Blake led NZ to wins in the cup - he was a fabulous sailor

1 Like

Tough and bling… all steel G shock CASIOAK

13 Likes

2023…

Green?

or white?

hm? :sunglasses:

21 Likes