Your Watch & Naim

Omega Swatch Mission to the Moon

15 Likes

Very nice. Did you buy it recently? I really wanted one when it first came out but it was impossible to get, with very long lines outside of omega boutiques even before the shop opened.

I also looked for it for some time but it was impossible to find it and I gave up. Then about a month ago I took my father-in-lawā€™s watch to change the strap in the Swatch center in Genoa and by pure chance they had one, which obviously I didnā€™t missā€¦

1 Like

Nice. Iā€™ve been wanting one of those. Or probably the Mercury version.

Sadly they donā€™t sell them online and I donā€™t have a Swatch store nearby,

My son keeps popping in to the store when heā€™s in London but they only ever have the ghastly versions.

1 Like

i canā€™t believe they still sell for a premium on certain auction sites too! its a production model and will be available for some time.

1 Like

I purchased these around 20 years ago and have not worn them for more than 15 years. Took them to the Swatch shop for free battery replacements and voila, they work!

9 Likes

Well, Iā€™m glad to say that the wait wasnā€™t long in the end. The watch is a little thicker than Iā€™d prefer however, not so much as to be an issue.

The Opaline dial is lovely, the bracelet comfortable and for me, it represents very good value for money given the quality of the watch. Very pleased with this.

25 Likes

Very nice!

Tudor BB41 M79540 ETA
I love my Tudor glad to see them getting some exposure. :+1:t2:

22 Likes

I have a Sub already, but given Rolexā€™s prices and lack of supply (I got mine around 14 years ago), Iā€™ve spent some time looking for a new watch.

I think that given their price point and quality, Tudor deserve a lot of love. The dial on this GMT is a great change from the black Sub and it feels as bullet proof as the Sub.

Looking forward to getting a lot of years of enjoyment from it.

1 Like

Itā€™s a great looking watch. Itā€™s just a shame that the 41mm Tudors have such slabby sides. The 39mm versions seem to work better in that regard.

1 Like

The early ETA Black Bays are 41mm but are thinner than the later in-house ones. My ETA 79220B is just about perfect on my wrist. I wouldnā€™t want it any larger or any thicker thoughā€¦

2 Likes

I had a blue one of those, but it still felt slabby to me. Maybe itā€™s the polished sides, I donā€™t know. I later had an original BB58, but somehow tired of it. Itā€™s not rational, but Tudors clearly arenā€™t for me. No idea why because they are really nice.

Lovely watch almost identical to mine but I havenā€™t the bezel.
I love the uncluttered dial too.
Glad I got an early one with the ETA movement I donā€™t think they have access to them now.
:+1:t2:

My first Grand Seiko, now I get what the hype is all about!

30 Likes

Lovely. Is that the silver birch model?

I offer this specimen. A 1987 vintage from an outlet near patpong. I donā€™t think it has been worn and I may try to replace the battery to see if it works

10 Likes

The back complete with sticker and ā€œgenuineā€ leather strap

4 Likes

Looks silvery, but itā€™s actually the white birch :grinning:

2 Likes

Either way I want one! I dare not go into the store in London just to see how they compare to a SARB modelā€¦