Your Watch & Naim

Hi just got my Jupiter Pilot back after a service.

16 Likes

G

19 Likes

Just serviced and a new strap.

20 Likes

I’m with you - my Black Bay 58 79030 39mm

Nice and simple just tells the time.

20 Likes

Exactly what’s required.
Lovely piece. :+1:t2:

Love the hands on Tudors.

If you Google Tudor Snowflake Hands.
Bobs watches has a story about them. :+1:t2:

Joining in with the Tudor snowflake hands love-in…

24 Likes

I’ll wager these hands have never —

Oh, not that kind of snowflake :grinning:

4 Likes

I had one of those as my first ‘posh watch’. Many versions have followed but I’m not sure it’s actually been bettered. I’m very happy with my Aqua Terra, which seems a pretty much perfect everyday watch.

21 Likes

Funny how tastes differ. Those hands are pretty much the only thing that have kept me from getting one over the years.

1 Like

Did i say i like the hands and the brand?

19 Likes

@Skeptikal I have one of those BB 41 with the ETA movement. I find it runs out of steam really easily. I guess I’m not active enough. And I’ve sent it back twice to Tudor repair.

@opus
Hi
I’ve never had any problems like that even with an automatic watch I still like to top it up once a week or so but it’s never stopped on the job.
I love mine. :+1:t2:

My El Primero had this once, where it would run out of power. It was only just within warranty. And I have a desk job, so nothing too active.

I think something had happened to the mainspring (popped over on itself?). But that was an obvious fault, and here it has been back two times already…

Having said that, I don’t have any watch that keeps charge for a week. 2-3 days is the max for mine.

These are my three together. The Aqua Terra is 38mm, the Portugieser 40.4 and the Railmaster 36.2. The Railmaster is an Aqua Terra really, with a matt dial and painted indices, but looks very different. I took the picture in bright light and was amazed to see all the little scratches on the AT; it’s only a few months old but is worn most days. Better than keeping it in a fur lined case I feel.

23 Likes

Nice watches Hungry. :+1:

Hi HH,
Where’s the NATO strap on the Railmaster 36 from?
Is it a Jean Paul Meniccuci?

It’s an Omega polyester in Army Green. It’s not cheap but is lovely quality, and unlike any other NATO I’ve tried, the buckle sits in the middle of the inside of the wrist.

The Tudor modified ETA automatic movement used in the early Black Bays should have a power reserve of around 38-40 hours, which is ample if you’re wearing it everyday (unless you tend to keep your arms very still!).

1 Like