Your Watch & Naim

It is very good indeed.

IWC states on their website a 120 hour power reserve. With that kind of reserve it should never stop running, under normal usage.

My DeLaCour Bichrono limited edition

7 Likes

I guess that Omega have loads of variants of the railtrack design. Just a pic a found on Google. The old brands made many different iterations of the same model.

19 Likes

That sounds like some serious issues with the watch movement. Unfortunately it’s rare nowadays to get a replacement watch, but as a minimum I would insist IWC to provide a brand new movement for your watch.

1 Like

Latest watch added to my collection Panerai PAM01548

26 Likes

Nice. Not everyday you see a Panerai with a white dial. Or with a chrono compilation.

1 Like

Just ordered this. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Bronze? @Guinnless

New strap time. £200 (ouch!) for the IWC…but I can’t bear the thought of a less expensive alternative. It would leave the watch incomplete in my mind.

Daft, I know.

It gives me daily pleasure, plus the watch was bought from a will bequest from a close friend who died at 37 and he wouldn’t have wanted it any other way.

G

17 Likes

Snap!

Lovely watch, congrats

8 Likes

What life do you get from a leather strap? I change mine about every year, but I do wear it all the time and sweat certainly accelerates the deterioration.

Yes, it’s bronze. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

IWC watches are beautifully made, but they tend to be big watches, and therefore heavy (and I’m used to wearing a Rolex, not small itself!).

I have an IWC pocket watch from the 1920s, which is lovely.

I would say, in the main, not.

G

2 Likes

I’m not that keen on the space invaders logo itself, but in every other respect an amazing looking watch.

Hmmm, perhaps I should consider one.

Not really within the spirit of the thread, but is anyone here into clocks?

I have a Vostok submarine clock in the kitchen, but we’re considering getting a wall- (me) or even floorstanding (my gf) clock for the living room. Erwin Sattler makes some gorgeous ones, but out of our price range. They’re a nice blend between classic and modern styling.

Does anyone here perhaps have any recommendations?

I’m seeing the left hand cross as having made an escape(ment) out of the square box on the right.

I’ll get me coat.

Keep an eye on adverts on the sunday papers, for auction houses.
Often see lovely old clocks for auction.

Probably three or more years Clive, so mustn’t grumble I suppose.

G

1 Like