Your Watch & Naim

Thanks. I’ve had similar advice. Fingers crossed it will now be ok.

2 Likes

I just bought this Omega Seamaster 300m The
dial is a silvery grey that changes as light hits it. Very comfortable really cool dial.

19 Likes

still bringing me smiles…

13 Likes

Less than 8 weeks is pretty good for a factory repair round trip these days!

Nice, a gorgeously two tone Daytona

1 Like

Unfortunately the damn thing has stopped again. I’m not a happy bunny, especially as the dealer says it’s got to go back to base again. I got on the phone to IWC in Switzerland and asked if I could have a replacement, as I really didn’t want to be without it for another eight weeks, with the possibility of it going wrong yet again. They seemed very sympathetic and should let me have their suggestion tomorrow. So I’m keeping everything crossed.

1 Like

One still has to wind an automatic watch to top up as little movement runs them down.
I’ve read about many such things on the Rolex & Tudor forum.
It’s all about the wrist action.

2 Likes

I believe HH is active enough to keep it wound by wearing it. Assuming he wears it as a daily watch.

I did a six mile walk yesterday, which should be more than enough. When I was talking with IWC they said that once wound initially, if it’s worn every day it should never need winding, ‘because it’s automatic’.

The weird thing is that it stopped at 7.30 this morning, so I assumed it had run down. Then, at 10.30, without any winding, it started again, and is still running, though I’ve done 9,000 steps while wearing it today. All very strange.

Just wake up at 7 am and the problem is over.

1 Like

Thanks!

It’s faulty and you’ve probably lost a bit of confidence in it now :confused:

It would be interesting to put it on my timegrapher see what the amplitude and beat error look like. You are too far away, sadly.

1 Like

You’re spot on. It’s a lovely watch but I need to know it’s reliable. Let’s hope I can get a replacement.

2 Likes

Yes I give all my automatic watches a bunch of crown turns daily. I have a desk job and they just dont get enough “action” otherwise. An automatic watch typically can use 80 turns from dead stopped so I often do 40 turns if its still running.

1 Like

Ive not heard of watch companies providing “loaners” although they really should.
Actually Hublot provided this as a loaner…kinda a cute idea.

(It’s a quartz movement)

4 Likes

I actually like that clean and simple with a bit a character.

Just buy a Seiko! Never miss a beat… only joshing. Hopefully they will sort.

1 Like

I’ve had this happen with a watch, three times! In the end they just replaced the whole movement, that’s what I would ask for now that the issue keeps returning.

So that suggests it had run down. It’s possible it simply doesn’t build up enough power reserve, I guess you’ll find out tomorrow morning.

Or perhaps a better test is to wind it, put it down somewhere and check every couple of hours if it’s still running. Power reserve should be 120 hours, but yours apparently ran down within 7-10 or so.

I may not have explained well. It stopped yesterday morning at 7.30am, which was about 120 hours after I wound it. The obvious conclusion is that it’s run down. I took it downstairs to write down the serial number, and left it on a table. Then, three hours later, just sitting on the table, it started again, all by itself. I didn’t wind it, but wore it all day from the time it restarted, put it on the bedside table at 10.30pm and it was still going this morning. Why it would stop and then restart I’ve no idea.

Whatever, it shouldn’t just stop, so something is wrong with it. I’ve asked for a straight replacement and will see what they say.

2 Likes

120 hours is a pretty good power reserve :wink: