Your Watch & Naim

When I went scuba diving I enjoyed wearing a mechanical watch along with my dive computer!

I took a Panerai 112 on a few dives, and my “Kermit” Submariner.

1 Like

As some of our American cousins might say “I do love me some Seiko”. Such a fantastic brand of watchmakers through all levels.

1 Like

It’s actually a direct copy of the Patek Aquanaut. I don’t approve of copying to this degree, so no, I don’t like it, (but the Patek was a very fine watch.)

I see,thank you.

I’d label it “HIGHLY derivative” . . . but just short of a direct copy of the Aquanaut or Nautilus, given the octagonal nature of the bezel.

1 Like

The lume Looks as if if it is really good and generously applied.

Best wishes
Hoping I am right in this?

6 Likes

your are right Ian - they both shine bright all night long, in fact there is so much on the black one it seems to glow all the time!

1 Like

Thank you, I’ve often wondered about this, lume is really, really important to m in a watch.

Bed eyesight etc.

Cheers

Ian

I can heartily back up @Hifi-dog 's assessment of Seiko lume 8)

(Ok, I gave it a boost for the photo, but it is very good otherwise!)

Seiko SRPB53 - originally bought on a rubber strap, I bought the stainless bracelet afterwards.

8 Likes

I’ve been wearing my Nomos Club quite a bit recently. And contemplating a new strap for it. The original is lovely, but I think I’m ready for a change. I have a grey NATO with black metalware, and thicker leather unstitched thing in an online shopping basket awaiting a final decision!

21 Likes

Super cool

Nice watch.

1 Like

The first “expensive” watch I bought was a Seiko - a kinetic auto relay. I do have a soft spot for a Seiko but those with a crown at 4 o’clock just don’t suit my eye.
Would love one like that as my holiday watch.

Thank you , that is very impressive. I had experience of Supeluminova (obviously) and GTLS (Brilliant but doesn’t last for ever ) but I think Seiko have their own lume

I must admit a hankering for one with a rubber strap

2 Likes

my black king samurai came on rubber but it picks up dust and fluff readily so swapped it for FKM rubber which is smooth and non tacky and very soft and resilient.

1 Like

Gray with some texture (like a suede or alcantara) might be nice! I agree with unstitched.

1 Like

Been wearing this Grand Seiko 415G Winter a lot.

The dial is very muted indoors. But becomes more vibrant when outdoors and under natural light. I guess the watch is subtly encouraging me to be outside more.

32 Likes

Lovely photo @elevensheep, and watch!

1 Like

Posting a photo of the lovely (and recently acquired) Bel Canto from Christopher Ward.

10 Likes

I always think they are hard to read at a glance. As long as you are happy though. :grinning:

3 Likes