Your Watch & Naim

My late wife presented me with this Datejust when I became a Consultant 30 years ago .
It still looks pretty good and it has been serviced once 16 years ago .

I seldom wear a watch these days but it is nice to wear it once in a while.

26 Likes

This also ain’t a Rolex, an Omega or even a Tudor. But it’s a Seiko and I love it

25 Likes

not just any old seiko! lovely timepiece… ill have one one day

1 Like

To compliment my winter watch, Seiko king samurai night diver, a very reasonably priced, month old Seiko king turtle save the ocean manta ray edition. The dial is lovely in natural light,

22 Likes

State of collection:

Tool watch: Casio Gshock 5600

Everyday watch: Rolex Date 15200

Field watch: Hamilton Khaki Field

Dress watch: Cartier Tank

Diver watch: Tudor Black Bay 54

4 Likes

I have three watches.

I wear a Rolex Milgauss (black dial, tinted green crystal) every day.

I also have an IWC Portuguese (white dial, blue hands and numbers), which is more of a dress watch.

I also have a greatly-treasured IWC 1920s pocket watch which I bought, in non-running condition, from a pawnbrokers shop in Islington. It went back to Schaffhausen, where IWC watches are made, and came back in full working order, together with paperwork showing where and when it was first sold - Prague in 1923.

17 Likes

A milgauss is about the only Rolex I like, very understated

2 Likes

I agree. The (original) Explorer, which I used to wear, was also very plain, with the numbers painted on with luminous paint. (My son wears that now, given to him on his 21st b’day.)

Some (perhaps most?) modern Rolexes are far too “bling” for my taste.

5 Likes

Lume shot on the E

14 Likes

Ever since Vanilla Sky (XV model) I’ve wanted a IWC Mark series watch.

The XX design/movement/water resistance improvements are significant over the previous versions.

Nice watch.

So 18 years ago a co worker wanted a top tier unassuming watch for everyday wear.

I recommended an Explorer 1.

We went out and bought the Rolex that day. With a discount if you can believe that!

This friend still thanks me and sent this message to me last week.

1 Like

That’s a great story :slightly_smiling_face:, It’s an amazing piece, great recommendation even to this day, the stealth factor of it, timeless design . 36mm just sits under your sleeve no problem. Think Rolex are inflating prices again in January .

1 Like

Got the Hamilton and the Tudor me too.

I think it’s fine. Stylized design of Swiss flag and British flag

1 Like

Sorry for the pedantry :flushed:
It’s the English flag :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s very close in style to the current Tissot logo.

In any case I think it’s fine

1 Like

The wife got me this for Xmas I mentioned it ages ago around March time that sekio had done 2 snoopy watches this one and one more traditional in looks.
Only 8800 or something around that mark made mine is 2225 I love it to bits being a dog and snoopy lover.

23 Likes

Bet you’re Peanuts about it. :wink:
Cool look. :+1:t2:

1 Like

There are many superbly talented independent watchmakers these days. This is by Stefan Kudoke out of Berlin. (Reflections from the ceiling lights)

Barbour coat was recently rewaxed here locally.

9 Likes

My daughter has taken up diving so for Christmas I decided she should have a proper ISO certified diving watch. I got her the classic Seiko SKX, albeit in a slightly smaller size, the SKX013.

Image from Hodinkee.

24 Likes