Your Watch & Naim

Seiko today.

20 Likes

Yes, I have a Sellita SW-200 in my watch and it is used by many well known brands. Once regulated it has stayed within one second per day. (Rubbish photo!!)

8 Likes

I recently received a signed copy of this wonderful book from the newly revitalised Nivada Grenchen. Some of you may well be familiar with the incredibly comprehensive work by Gregoire Rossier and Anthony Marquie that went into their Speedmaster Only book. They have done similar here for the Croton Nivada Grenchen Chronomaster Aviator Sea Diver (CASD for short). It covers the history of the brands and their affiliation right upon to NG’s demise with the arrival of Quartz.

Every known variant is comprehensively covered, including the rare re-brands done for certain Jewellery stores. My own CASD is a birth year watch from '67 with the Croton branding. It’s one of the rarer and more desirable variants as it’s the only Croton that came with a Valjoux 23 mechanism and bevelled counters and was the last with the broad arrow hands. Sure enough it’s all covered in the book in fine detail and shows that, apart from discolouring of the tritium lume, which is quite normal over time, my watch is exactly as it should be and as it came when new.

It’s a great book if you’re into your watches, and in particular the Chronomaster Aviator Sea Diver.

Even better is that with the re-birth of Nivada Grenchen the Chronomaster has been re-born almost exactly as it was back in the '60s. Even the size at 38mm has been kept the same. The main difference is the lume, which is now Luminova, and the mechanism, which is now Sellita, although a limited number of restored Valjoux 23s are available, albeit at hefty premium - more than twice the normal price.

23 Likes

Croton - a sort of floating timepiece?

Cretin alert

Sorry but. :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

IWC today.

19 Likes

Your arm may need medical attention…:wink:

11 Likes

It’s gone completely soft…

Its not that its soft its the rash

:scream:

1 Like

Open goal :wink:
IMG_0466

5 Likes

Must be Rolex croutons it’s always 10.10 :rofl:

2 Likes

Ive just ordered a copy of Navitimer Story by Gregoire Rossier & Anthony Marquie… Meant to be a good read… I do find the history of some of these marvellous brands fascinating…

16 Likes

Beautiful timepiece :ok_hand:

1 Like

Possibly not to everyone’s taste; I’ve treated my Mark XX to an IWC/SBTG strap. It’s quite stiff but should soften up nicely.

17 Likes

Nice. Better suited than the bracelet I think.

I’ve never had a watch that seemed worth sharing here, but recently I discovered I have a share (with my sister) of my Dad’s Omega. I’d guess it’s from the late 70’s maybe early 80’s from what I know of family history but that could be wrong. Probably not all that illustrious but it looks quite nice to me so I thought I’d the photos.

32 Likes

Classic seventies retro look.
Nice and sharp. :+1:t2:

2 Likes