Your Watch & Naim

Golden case I imagine.
If yes than it’s much more expensive than the platted one.

1 Like

Even nicer than I realised then…I think we’ll be keeping it for now at least though.

Ooh, that’s nice. What vintage is it?

1 Like

Either way, that vintage Omega look was something very special!

1 Like

Minerva Pythagore. One of fifty made.

24 Likes

Loving the dial and hands :+1:

1 Like

Omega Seamaster midsize ( 36 mm ) tritium ( 1996 )

23 Likes

Nice. Has the tritium died (from memory, it has a 10-15 year half life) or have you had it refreshed?

Plenty big enough!! Nice.

the watch is all original. The tritium is still active, but the lighting lasts very short

1 Like

HI! I have a small wrist (16.5 cm) and the standard model (41 mm) is too big for me. This is perfect

4 Likes

My new acquisition.

While not the skeleton model, it has the same skeletonised version of the Elite movement.

21 Likes

Very nice, one of my favourite brands.

Yes, they are very good, with excellent movements and very good build quality. Yet they aren’t exactly popular. Rolex and Omega seem to be really dominant; yet there are plenty of other brands that are just as good.

Another beautiful day :sun_with_face:

17 Likes

I love Zenith. A watch on my “would dearly love to own” list is the old El Primmer A385 from '69/'70 with a Gay Freres ladder bracelet.

1 Like

I once (about a decade ago?) had the chance to buy one just like you describe. In good condition.

Hesitated too long as still decent money, and someone else snatched it up. I’m normally accepting of these things, but this one I do regret regularly.

You may recall me mentioning that I was planning to get a curved end strap made by the Strap Tailor for my JLC Ultra Thin. It’s arrived today and fits perfectly. It has curved ends and curved quick release spring bars, and the curve is identical to that on my original JLC strap. It’s the Epsom Leather in taupe.

21 Likes

I’m now wearing the watch on a nato. I still need to source a strap. In principle I prefer an EU manufacturer, but this does look nice. I’ll be in the UK again at the start of August, so I could contact the Strap tailor if they can make a strap with that timeline.

May I ask what the turnaround time was?

It took around five weeks, so probably a bit tight for early August. I’m going to France in late August so could always bring it over and post to you from France. Just a thought.

2 Likes