Your Watch & Naim

That is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. I love looking at clockwork but I’ve never looked deeply into watches only discovered the omega brand via this thread. I definitely can’t afford one but I’ll have to go google it to look at more pictures.

2 Likes

You know I left this watch for service with one watchmaker in Moscow in 2005. His desk was inside of a jewelry store in the city center. Full of golden rings, chains etc.
Old man told me to come absolutely before the closing time, otherwise they can’t close the shop. When I asked why, he told me « because your watch costs more then everything in this shop… «
I am sure it was an exagération, but I remember it each time I wear it.
Life is made of this kind of memories.
Have a nice day!

4 Likes

A new thick silicon rubber strap to replace the canvas one which had lasted only two years. The 18 mm strap squeezes easily into the uncommon 17mm lug space of the Seiko. At this stage, any strap costs way more than the value of the 33 years old watch but I am not willing to part with it regardless to the math.

9 Likes

Cool strap, a throwback to the 6105 tire tread design.

1 Like

Keep the dial and the hands original!
They are in great condition.

The only watch I’ve had for the last 25 years - a Longines Conquest. Nice and slim so no one can mistake me for a sea captain, racing driver or astronaut.

17 Likes

You sound like an ideal owner of a Jaeger-LeCoultre Ultra Thin. It’s only 7.8mm thick, or thin.

23 Likes

Nice.

G

Beautiful and understated, just my thing
Martin

1 Like

A 1958 pink or champagne gold Omega. Should be the Millerighe model.
Serviced but had to change the original strap (shame).
A present from my mother to my father in the day they both turned 18 and got officially engaged.
A pleasure to wear.

34 Likes

Very classy with an unusual small seconds dial. :+1:

And a lovely family connection too.

2 Likes

I have removed my post now if it’s so annoying, apologies. Was just a small row boat on a Sunday afternoon, and certainly not pretending to be a sea captain!
I do admit to having had more than one watch over the last 25 years although not sure why this seems to be a problem too.
No more posts here, I promise. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure what post you’re referring to? Definitely don’t recall being annoyed by anything

I couldn’t see any critical comment at at all aimed at your rather lovely Omega De Ville Co-axial. A lovely watch.

5 Likes

I hope you do put it back up as it is such a good looking watch and especially as it has the George Daniels (The best watch maker in the World 1926-2011 ) designed co-axial escapement inside it.

1 Like

Grand Seiko White Birch

26 Likes

If you do change your mind just let me know - I can make it miraculously re-appear again :wink:

3 Likes

18 Likes

We have similar taste …. must start wearing mine more often.

15 Likes

Nice, there’s just something about a Pam.

2 Likes