Your Watch & Naim

Indeed - GMT! Wear it proud :face_with_hand_over_mouth:.

1 Like

lovely…one day

A lovely story and heirloom

1 Like

If the movement is a 30T2SC, I have a similar in the following

This is an 18 jewel version, dating from 1942.

It has been repaired & serviced by John Donohoe in Kilkenny, Ireland.

John also serviced my 1967 Seamaster Deville (Cal 601) & ‘1970 Seamaster 120 (Cal 601) and will be servicing a 1960’s Omega with a Cal 286 movement, at some point.

That watch would work well on a nice tan leather strap.

17 Likes

The reliable holiday companion.

9 Likes

Seeing your MK XX shot HH I note you wear it tight above the wrist bone. An Italian girlfriend of mine from many years gone by chided me for this once, suggesting it is more stylish to wear it loose below the bone and I’ve done this ever since!

Suggestible, moi?

G

8 Likes

I wear my watches like HH if possible (link sizes can affect the outcome).

Slopping around the wrist can get annoying.

10 Likes

My wrist bone seems quite big and lumpy compared to many, so the watch sits above it naturally. If it’s below it looks really silly. It’s not at all tight, but the IWC rubber strap does make it look rather like it might be.

At least you didn’t notice that the building in the background is the aire’s toilets.

2 Likes

IMHO you wear a watch as it should be worn.

I cannot stand my watch being loose on my wrist as it is just an irritant, nor can I cope with it being between the wrist bone and my hand, that is just too uncomfortable.

Above the wrist bone and secured tight on the wrist.

2 Likes

14 Likes

That could mean anything!

1 Like

First rule - There are no rules.

G

None of that ‘influencer’ style write up is applicable to me. :thinking:

1 Like

It’s interesting that the article was written in 2017, and notes that larger watches are the thing. Now in 2024 it’s smaller watches that are more in vogue.

1 Like

2006 Speedmaster on a strap. And yes those two load plugs should be fitted to the SL.
A bit like the SL should be heading off for a service :frowning:

14 Likes

Nice Speedy

1 Like

Yes. Standard Speedy pro from 2006. Bought new when local watch shops were allowed to sell Omega. £1,100.
Recently changed the bracelet for a ebay rubber strap just to try. Can see zero reasons to replace it with a silly priced Omega version.

4 Likes

It could mean anything if you take one small part of my post out of the context in which it was written.

Taking advantage of the surprisingly warm sunshine with a bit of a Summer Mix drifting from the system into the garden

Sun shining on the (sort of) Pogue giving it some charge and taking the tank up to full…

10 Likes

Nice, Seiko did a great job with refreshing the legendary 6139. I wish they paid more attention with the offset date window or just eliminated it altogether.