272 set up

Can you photo the back showing the connections you are using?

It’s all getting a bit confusing. Connecting headphones may help. If Tidal or iRadio cannot be heard on headphones, and CD can, it may well be the dac. If CD works through the power amp and speakers, output settings must be set correctly and wires between 272 and power amp must be ok.

It could well be that something has failed - the dac, relays or something else. If a repair is needed it’s going to be £399 I believe.

I’ve just dropped it to Audio T to get it checked ….
Still hoping I’ve missed something simple , if not we are heading for an eBay wrangle :frowning: :hear_no_evil:

If it’s an eBay purchase, then I’d start with a reset to factory settings to get rid of any oddities that the previous owner had put.

The 272 is very flexible, you can modify all the input and output settings, enabling and disabling as needed. Which means you can switch off the output if you want.

1 Like

So quick update , Audio T Cardiff Naim dealer have just been in touch and said it’s a fault they can’t repair . Seller has accepted return .
Thanks to everyone for your help

4 Likes

Glad you sorted it out. The 272 is normally a reliable and straightforward unit so I hope you have better luck with the next one.

Thanks David , there’s a nice one on pink fish at mo , so will look into that and try not to let this put me off

1 Like

No wonder you couldn’t get it working, but at least you can send it back. I don’t know how much you paid but if you look on Pink Fish you will find a 2021 model at a very good price. And no, it’s not mine.

1 Like

Looks like our texts crossed , yes I enquired about that one and he said he was keeping it , so I bought this one , and now his is back up for Sal :slight_smile: slight_smile:
I paid £940 for mine 2 days before Christmas

There is always a deal to be done, and that one is probably as good as they come. You may want to think about a Naim 250DR to go with it. There are some real bargains around and it’s a fine combination.

1 Like

Yes , I was saying to the dealer today that Naim releasing the new line up has brought all the classic prices down to which , I won’t say I can afford but let’s say am willing to spend

1 Like

As it is the exact same problem as I have with my NDX, and Naim couldn’t figure it out, do you know which technical error Audio T has identified?

Sorry michi no

:+1: Yes, it can’t go wrong again I think, I’m more than happy with my 272/250/XPS I must say.

3 Likes

@Richard.Dane
I’m asking you for advice. In 2020, just a month before I bought the NDX, the device was repaired by Naim (DSP DAC Error, replacement of analog board). Since I have owned the NDX, the above mentioned problems have occurred constantly. At the beginning of 2022, the device was checked again by Naim. No error was found. What shall I do? Thank you very much in advance.

I would get back to your dealer and let them know that you are still experiencing problems.

They know that I have these problems, but they can’t repair it by themselves.

It needs to go back to Naim again probably. But send a really fulsome written description of the problem with it. Make sure the dealer does send that on to Naim with the NDX.

Ok so second time lucky , second unit turned up yesterday and straight out of the box It worked , for the most part :grin: seems I need to do a firmware update next :see_no_evil: but at least digital outputs are making noise , so Spotify , Bluetooth Vtuner and cd are all playing perfectly, tidal says I need to update to continue

3 Likes

You can go straight to 4.8.0 from whatever it’s on at the moment. No need for any interim steps.