282 & NDX2 better than a 222?

This is very true, with my system being a good case in point. I originally had (and was very happy with I should add) a SN3 and ND5 XS2.

The highly addictive nature of the upgrade bug, combined with some fantastic prices on ebay for some very well looked after classics, means circa 12 months later I now have an NDX2, XPS DR, 252, SuperCap DR and 250 DR.

I probably got a bit carried away, but there really are some great buys out there if you are patient :+1: I couldn’t be more happy, apart from tinkering with the cables non-stop :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

And what now?

Atohm GT1 on atacama stands with Rel TZero pair to fill the bottom end. A much ignored manufacturer in the UK, but their speakers are superb. Very good soundstage, detailed, smooth upper end and integrate nicely with a sub in the 80-30hz range as they drop off around 40hz.

There is a 222 on eBay right now….

There’s a dealer selling ex demo 222, 300 and 250 NC. There is plenty out there used now. So you’re looking at £12000 for the three.

I think it would make a very good looking, neat and excellent set up. All on one stack I can see the appeal.

Not for me but I have listened to it I can see the appeal.

3 Likes

Exactly what I’d did.
Like this……

6 Likes

It’s been on several times I think. Maybe a bit dodgy. Caveat Emptor.

Looks great @BrendanD. I bet you’re very happy with that set up.

1 Like

Sevenoaks have them ex dem at a decent price.

I’m only interested in an NPX 200. and unfortunately their stores with ex. dem units are all a bit far away (I’d want to see it rather than but blind). Plus I promised myself a speaker upgrade first!

It really works way better than it should and tucks away nicely on a Fraim.

6 Likes

Looks superb Nic. All on one Fraim stack. I see you have hidden the Radikal underneath the base.

1 Like

You need to align the logos😅

If I was you Dan I’d go 252+SCDR providing you can accommodate.
Synergy – Naim don’t give you filters or tone controls so kit is optimised to work with those they were designed to pair with. Given you have a 300DR already the Naim partnering pre is the 252.
Classic or New Classic – consensus is it comes down to personal preference but given your lack of ability to demo there is risk not to mention significant cost in doing this.
FWIW I think the 222/300/250 is better than the Classic NDX2/282/250DR but from your perspective it’s pretty much irrelevant as are the others that believe their opinion to be fact too.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

2 Likes

Is this a reply to me?

‘Think’ or know?

1 Like

Sorry no to the OP Dan.S. You have a mega system :joy:

It’s my opinion so that’s my belief and factual as far as I’m concerned. My point was my view and others are irrelevant for Dan.S in his decision.

1 Like

Interesting. Have you owned both systems?

No and wasn’t aware I stated that I had.
Your point is valid though as most of the negative opinions of new classic are from those that haven’t owned it.

2 Likes

Ok. Thank you. I’m searching like rest of us. It never ends. Enjoy!:smiley: