3 stack Fraim system

Correct.

1 Like

Thanks @Graeme it feels, sounds and looks great. When the NDS comes back it will be phenomenal.

1 Like

Very nice. Such a difference to what it looked like before all along the wall. Well done

When do you get the NDS back

2 Likes

I am waiting. They said 3 to 4 weeks. It’s 3 weeks so far!

It’s back!

5 Likes

Are you sure it can’t do all the business you want without having to use the ND5XS2

1 Like

Nope! The ND5XS2 sounds bright in comparison! The NDS sounds gorgeous. And with the ND5XS2 used as transport it sounds better than ever! Playing Qobuz. Clearer presentation with all the qualities of the NDS. Early days but sounds wonderful!

2 Likes

The NDS has never worked with Tidal and won’t work with Qobuz. It was slow with NAS Zoneripper as well. This is the best solution for me.

If anyone does the same as me set up took minutes. Change settings on ND5XS2 to BNC digital output. On NDS put input to digital input which you can do manually if your screen has failed. Simple as that. Use BNC connectors from ND5XS2 output to NDS input. Job done.

Time for an update photo Dan :wink:
Great result with the NDS with more to come when things warm up.

1 Like

So that’s 3 boxes for the streamer. At this rate you will have to build 4 stacks :joy:

The ND5XS2 and NDS are currently on Fraimlite shelves. Fraim shelf arrives on thursday. Have ordered cups and balls for Fraimlite shelves. Just need two sheets of glass and then the project is complete.

14 Likes

The NDS sounds better on NAS drive as well which is a surprise.

For anyone out there I would highly recommend this upgrade. And separating the streaming transport from DAC should make it sound even better.

Yes, 3 box streamer. Even guys at Audio T thought it was a good idea!

3 Likes

I think what the NDS with NDXS2 does is effectively negates the need for the CDS2 in the system. All my CDs player instantly from the NAS and the sounds quality of the new streaming set up leaves the CDS2 in the shadows somewhat.

But, and this is a massive BUT. I have kept going back to the CDS2 so it’s a keeper!

And if internet is down I still have CDs to play as well as LP12 of course.

@Stu299 get and ND5XS2 before you get the ND555 and see what you think mate.

4 Likes

Remember that you probably don’t need internet to use your NAS. Obviously it’s needed for Qobuz, but the NAS is independent with many or indeed most routers. Try unplugging your router from the internet and you’ll know if this applies to yours.

1 Like

The Zoneripper is only connected via ethernet cable. So goes through Cisco switch and router at moment. Can experiment but don’t see how it can work without network. System sounding absolutely sublime tbh. Never heard it better!

2 Likes

Looks fantastic mate well done :+1:

1 Like

How are.you getting on with your wonderful system?

Currently looking into buying/building a fraim. Not cheap at all. Do you mind if i ask did you buy all that fraim work new?

1 Like

Hi @Jonboy377,

Some new and some used. Still costs a fortune. Bought it from multiple sources. It’s a mixture of Fraim and Fraimlite. With Fraimlite I have added cuos and balls and glass. With Fraimbases I would recommend you go Fraim rather than Fraimlite. I have a mixture of Ash and Maple. Maple was replaced by Ash. They do blend but expect varied colour if you are mixing and matching and buying used. I reckon I have spent £7k on my shelving all in. And more than half bought used. Was £699 for used Fraim base and one was bought new.

I have 4 Fraimlite shelves. The rest is Full Fraim. So 6 Fraim shelves and 3 Fraim bases.

Is it worth it? Looks the part, sounds the part. It makes me happy. And it does make sound better.

2 Likes