3 stack Fraim system

Glad you have your NDS back mate, this is something i have considered to bring the streaming part of my nds up to date, mine never skips a beat with tidal. have you ever had tidal working on yours for any kind of reference? if the nd5xs2 is better because of the streaming platform then i would defo be tempted.

1 Like

Adding the additional costs were Ā£280 two Fraimlite shelves. Ā£699 Fraim base. Ā£470 additional Fraim shelf with cups and balls for existing shelves 3 sets.

Naim glass would be Ā£178 per shelve. X2. I am opting for alternative at Ā£110 each.

I had shelf from existing stack. So looking at well over Ā£2000 per stack with Fraim base and 4 shelves.

You may be able to buy for less if very lucky. But they hold their value.

Of course if you buy new then no marks and no colour variation.

My Fraim has marks, colour variation and dents. It doesnā€™t bother me that much, if at all. My Naim units have some marking and are all used. It goes with used territory. Embrace small marks and scars if you go used.

There is more in life to worry about than a few marks.

Tidal never worked with mine mate. If it works with yours leave it alone. Mine was slow and never worked right. Maybe network issues, who knows. If itā€™s all good then youā€™re done.

its sort of a moreā€¦what if type situation for me!hahahaha you know how it is

1 Like

If my NDS was working fine and worked quickly with NAS and even worked with Tidal I would have left it alone.

Fact is it never worked right not with NAS or Tidal. Only with internet radio or Spotify.

Now its seamless. Worth the extra stack of shelves and ND5XS2, cables and rest of it. Plus stack is lower and looks alot better.

Hope this all makes sense mate.

Thats some really useful information in there for me, thankyou. Much appreciated :pray:ā€¦ I say spend as much as you like mate. It clearly makes you happy and probably keeps you outta trouble :wink: ā€¦ Your particular setup also looks out of this world

1 Like

And I am not saying that NDS with ND5XS2 beats ND555. It just works better for me than standalone NDS which I was not happy with and so far sounds better too. Bit more definition with ND5XS2 if that makes sense. Maybe because streaming transport is separated from DAC it sound better. Who knows?

Just to make it clear I always liked the NDS sound. But the streaming platform for NAS was poor. And it never played Tidal.

Now I can play anything. It was costly with ND5XS2, DC1 cable and whole extra Fraim stack and power cable. But the extra Fraim stack needed doing anyhow.

It needs the network but not the internet. Disconnect the cable at the wall and see what happens. This is simply for reassurance that if you lost internet you could still use the Zoneripper to play music.

1 Like

Just tried for few minutes all works fine!

This hobby can be very very expensive. But itā€™s enjoyable and makes me smile big time.

I have taken gambles and bought blind at times to not everyones approval on here.

But my system is definitely shall we say on top!

2 Likes

There you go.

give it a few days on that nds mateā€¦be next level

1 Like

NDS needs to warm up again. Nice DC1 cable arrived 7pm this evening. System is warming up and sounding very special.

Feeling very satisfied with the project.

Maybe @anon17458420. Thinking 5 to be sure. :rofl:

does take a few days to settle down mate. nds will be better once its on glass too. just be carefull when you use the glass on fraim lite, doesnt have the little cutouts for the cups. i have a fraim lite on my system upstairs and did the same. i measured the distance etc from the full fraim shelfs!lol

1 Like

Not a high 5 I hope :sweat_smile:

1 Like

And of course 6 x 135s, Snaxo and does that need a Supercap? Add it to the list :joy:

Steady on Iā€™m starting to feel dizzy with the speed at which you change things :joy:

1 Like

I have had 2 Fraimlite shelves with system for a few years. And added the glass, cups and balls. Decided to cut costs down this time and so added 2 more Fraimlite shelves. Will probably swap things around in due course and put Fraimlite shelves with glass cups and balls on right hand stack.

I wonā€™t do a 6 x 135s. Would go 500DR if I changed. But for now itā€™s done.

1 Like