3 stack Fraim system

Famous last words Dan :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™ve thought about that but just no room in the rack. Unless I put it directly on top of another PS on the brawn side as I have a higher shelf for the 500 head unit, but that just wouldnā€™t feel right.

1 Like

Youā€™re such a wind up merchant sometimes @anon17458420. Love you for it!

Just get the ND555 when you want to change instead.

Who moi?

1 Like

Stu ā€¦. you just got a personal message from Dan because he does not want 6x135s :joy:

He certainly is :joy:

1 Like

You gotta love this placeā€¦. Only sometimes thoughšŸ˜…

1 Like

Listening to new set up NDS as DAC with 555PS with ND5XS2 it sounds different to NDS alone. Itā€™s almost like itā€™s on steroids. Lol. Itā€™s like the difference between CDS2 with XPS2 and then changing it out for 555PS.

So itā€™s an upgrade on standalone NDS.

I reckon it could be a match for ND555. Maybe this is the upgrade that Naim donā€™t want us to know about. Wonder if they have done it or tested this combo. It doesnā€™t look like dealers have done this.

1 Like

Oui. You make me smile. :grin:

1 Like

Wow thereā€™s a first on the Naim forumā€¦ā€¦ read all about it :joy:

1 Like

I bring tears of joy to you no doubt. At least youā€™re not crying into your beer as some were a few months ago at the threat of new 300 system potentailly trouncing their systems.

It didnā€™t happen but some were crying into their beer thinking what if those 350s sound better than 500DR :rofl:

Thatā€™s a hunch Iā€™ve always had. Never heard of anyone doing a direct comparison though. Your streaming set up must sound amazing, improving on the already superb NDS.

1 Like

And you know what Iā€™m thinking.

2nd PS. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Look. It sounds better than straight NDS. And as itā€™s warming up sounding pretty incredible tbh.

1 Like

Yikes i did well when i got base and four fraim lite levels for Ā£500 including glass cups and balls! Perhaps I should sell itā€¦ I think I also did really well on fraim by buying odd bits at good prices. Never bought any new bits at all and think i got to two full racks of full fat fraim for about Ā£2k, though have slimmed down a lot now

1 Like

I did like the new classics into those Tannoys a few months ago. I would like to hear a full 300 system as well but I have two systems that I like very much. The only thing is to get something to replace those wharfedale diamond 220s in the chrome bumper system without destroying our domestic bliss

300 system is very very good. But what you have is excellent also. I would buy used in 5 years and let used prices drop.

I am glad itā€™s worked out, Dan.

Welcome to the 3-box dac club! :notes::takeout_box::takeout_box::takeout_box::grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks @JimDog. Itā€™s a good place to me my friend. :wink: