300 series now out with dealers

ATC50’s - wonderful speakers!

3 Likes

Thank you @Farthings-cat. I thought so, but didn’t want to get it wrong😉

1 Like

I believe they will. What they’ve done even in the 222 is quite amazing. There is no question it sounds like Naim.

2 Likes

I see things the same way with this (Cohen1263). I’m aware of the Kudos crossover but hadn’t heard it’s delayed till next year; damn! That R&D chap wouldn’t be eponymously christian-named to Palace’s recurring Manager would he? I have 808s too and will listen to the 350s when I can… I would perhaps sacrifice the Melco stuff for something simpler to generate additional Fraim space…

1 Like

You obviously already know the answer to the designer question NB :grinning:. I expect it to be better than Snaxo :crossed_fingers:

Hi Steve, linking this here below, just in case you haven’t seen this thread featuring a dealer demo review by @NigelB and my own thoughts after spending a long weekend with a NAC 332 preamplifier installed at home.

Regards
Geoff

3 Likes

Thank God for the likes of Sir Issac Newton……:beer:
Sat here pondering, trading in my NSC 222 and NC250 for a NSS 333, NSC 332, NAP 350 (x2) and a NPX 300 (already have one) and a couple of Naim Powerlines and Naim Fraim levels.
I total that at approximately £28K, after trade in….phew :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:.
I do not have the physical room to incorporate another Naim Fraim, in my room. So, everything would have to be incorporated on one Fraim. That got me thinking how many levels and how weight can a single Fraim take ???:thinking:
Time to find the Naim Fraim manual. Well first of all the maximum levels is 6 plus base. Okay, that will work, if I accommodate my Naim Core, somewhere else. :+1:
Okay, what is the Fraim weight limit ??? …………manual states 90Kg for single Fraim.
My total weight would be 97Kg………busted………bugger.
Anyway, in my reckoning just saved myself 28K, and it’s all down, in part, to the man above.
You just got to love science……:heart::heart::heart::ok_hand:

3 Likes

I am sure there is a safety margin built into that 90kg limit.:wink:

2 Likes

Enabler :joy:

1 Like

91kg

5 Likes

No, do not tell me that…….that is like rounding up. :rainbow:

Just do it, there will be a good factor of safety in that weight limit.

1 Like

Have you heard the 300 series - is it that much better than 200?
I’m going to go for a listen hopefully next week but out of curiosity rather than real intent.
I think I’ve got a decent balanced system currently so loathed to change anything - think 300 series would benefit from better speakers than I have so would be a costly decision - not that I’m up for the lottery of getting silent Naim kit.

I’m so glad I’am not near a bridge ! :blush:

I have not heard the 300 series, except NPX. My mind was just wandering with idle mischief.
However, I do have a suggestion. I have the same main components as you. I would expect the 300, to be better. However, how much better v cost, is something only you can quantify.
I will say this, after listening to the 300, and deciding it is better than the 200… Put a Innuos Phoenix Net on the 200 system. Now see how much difference there is ? :blush:

There do seem to be some less-than-delighted 200 owners, and a few trade-ins on the market already. That’s a very fast turnaround on a new product and a lot of money to swap out a system you bought new a few months ago. It does seem a bit odd.

2 Likes

I doubt that anecdote is representative of anything meaningful in that regard. And it can also mean that the NC is so good and that the new range simplification means upgrades are easier and more bang for the buck. Not a bad thing for Naim and its customers. I haven’t been this happy with my hifi since the olive days. Naim really have something special here.

2 Likes

People is just excited about how good the 200 is, and beating on the 300.

I have seen people discussing at my dealer’s place with incredible passion, this is nothing that happens often.

Some already have a 300 at home.

Also the new pricing makes the 200 and 300 real bargains. And going from 200 to 300 is peanuts.

So why not?

1 Like

I’m not unhappy with kit, think it’s rather good and am curious to hear the 300 series because the 200 series is so good.
Also, I’m not convinced if you decide to upgrade that means you are less than delighted with your existing gear - for me if you like what it does and works financially for you why not.
Naim’s New Classic appears just that.

3 Likes

Sure, but it’s all relative. A 272 was always good and the NDX2/282 was always much better.

Is it? I thought the 300’s were £7,500 each, so £15,000 plus a £2,000 loss on the 222, so around £17,000 to swap out a new product you have only had for a few months. Maybe peanuts for some.

But my point wasn’t about how good the gear is, all Naim gear is great. It was about the very fast turnaround on the new gear - my wife would say it’s not. A hobby if you are doing that :sunglasses:

2 Likes