300 series now out with dealers

I also noticed from your website that you stock DCS. It would be very interesting to know your thoughts on how the DCS Vivaldi/Bartok sounds connected directly to the 350s!

Running in helps.

Nothing special then. You haven’t been doing any tweaking with Stillpoints or such like.

My priority over the last couple of months has been to understand the capabilities of the New Classic 300 Series. In the case of monaural NAP 350’s other then using a AVP this has been mostly done using Naim electronics such as the NSC 222. I feel that I’ve got a handle on the NAP 350’s and in due course I’ll look at using other electronics. Even then and whilst I appreciate you asking however I am sorry to say I don’t feel it is appropriate for me to share my thoughts on here.

Fair enough!

1 Like

I appreciate you asking however I am sorry to say I don’t feel it is appropriate for me to expand further.

I understand!

I hope you are impressed. The blistering speed underpinned with solidity (more on the latter in due course) monaural NAP 350’s are capable of is remarkable :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:joy::joy:

I think you’ve stated in the past that the NC NAP 250 has the OC NAP 300 DR beat. how would you describe the step up of the New 350 over the NC 250.

I have a NAP 300 DR partnered with NSC222/NPX300 - I was thinking of replacing the 300DR with a NC 250, for synergy and box reduction, but then I get to thinking about those 350s…….:thinking::grimacing:

Yes, I’ve found the New Classic NAP 250 is superior to the NAP 300 DR. New Classic NAP 250 offers superior punch, speed, dynamics, bass grip, soundstage height, soundstage width, soundstage depth and ‘air’.

I responded to member elevensheep and shared my views in this thread five days ago on the step up in performance between New Classic NAP 250 and monaural NAP 350’s using NSC 222/NPX 300 -

Highlights so far -

Audio from monaural NAP 350’s appears from near silence.

NAP 350’s have the ability to convey enormous dynamics swings and best of all its all done at blistering speed. Audio starts and stops and back to near silence in an instant with no bloat or overhang. To experience this is uncanny and awesome because you’re consistently left thinking did this just happen?

Truly remarkable :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Thanks - so tempting.

I don’t really get what you are conveying. It would be great if you could share an example track so that I can listen to it on my system.

As a trader used to talking about equipment performance, your vocabulary and descriptive skills are appreciably way ahead of mine but I find it interesting wording about bloat and overhang. I have not heard any Naim owners stating that their gear sounded bloated with lots of overhang. Did you hear this prior to hooking up the 350s during your tests? I am not trying to sound critical at all, just curious.

My own experience with my 350s is slightly different. Dynamics must be good because piano and plucked notes sound closer to real life with great immediacy. However, I tend to notice a nice decay to notes rather than quickly back to near silence.

It all depends on music used so for reference I am referring to various albums/tracks by Mark Knopfler, Diana Krall, Jack Johnson and Blue Harlem for relatively easy/nice music. More complex music includes Jools Holland, Black Stone Cherry and Rival Sons.

My personal findings when comparing NC250 and 350s was that the 250 gave a good idea of available detail but it took the 350s to really make sense of it. Forgive my far from eloquent wording but to me the 350s were able to keep a tight reign on proceedings. They could ‘multi task’ and hold everything in place properly. They allowed each instrument enough space to do its thing and sound like the actual instrument (timbre).

The crucial difference for me was that I could forget about analysing the sounds and just really enjoy the music. I am hearing so much more from my familiar albums. For multi instrument tracks I can now really appreciate the performers’ abilities and how they blend to form the musical whole.

3 Likes

:+1:

So far film and music (not got around to gaming yet) have been used to help optimise the performance of our monaural NAP 350’s.

Conveying what I’m experiencing with our NSC 222/NPX 300, NAP 350’s.

Btw, glad you’re enjoying the performance of your 300 Series based system.

Audio from monaural NAP 350’s appears from near silence.

NAP 350’s have the ability to convey enormous dynamics swings and best of all its all done at blistering speed. Audio starts and stops and back to near silence in an instant with no bloat or overhang. To experience this is uncanny and awesome because you’re consistently left thinking did this just happen?

Truly remarkable

To add to the above (19/11/23) our New Classic 300 Series evolves and with it continues to impress and impress big time. Even without NPX 300’s the level of grip, solidity and punch that the combination of NSS 333, NAC 332 and monaural NAP 350’s are able to offer is to put it mildly staggering. So much so that it’s akin to active loudspeakers! Wow :slightly_smiling_face:

Truly remarkable.

3 Likes

Sounds like my own system already. Great times ahead :eyes: :fire:

5 Likes

Are you exercising in writing reviews like magazines do or?

3 Likes