300 series now out with dealers

555PS DR £4750
252 £2700
Supercap DR £2700
NAP300 DR including 300PS £5500

Total £15650

All on a well known auction site.

3 Likes

Was just doing the same analysis via hifi shark!

Plenty young ex demo items out there, at big discounts from final retail price.

And while you’re at it, you might as well sell the NDX2 and spend £11000 on a pre-loved ND555.

1 Like

Ha ha, such helpful advice!

2 Likes

Well nothing yet, but I have in mind the 350s to replace the 300DR as one option.

1 Like

There will be some Essex white smoke from me tomorrow.

I don’t know if @Richard.Dane wants to do some tidying as there are two 300 series threads and it would be nice to have all the impressions of the 300 series in one place.

5 Likes

What we really need is a new thread titled “Crotchety New Classic Complainers” that way those interested in how they sound can skip through the BS.

2 Likes

Correct :blush: It’s the idle hiss that is different between between the naim boxes I’ve owned. The 272 with 555 on it was super quiet.

1 Like

Unfortunately they quickly got a bit too large to merge, but I’ll see what I can do.

I see,but not sounding as good as the premium Naim Preamps anyway :wink:
Will be very interesting to hear how the 300 series sound and hiss.

1 Like

Completely different feeling of ease and flow with the 552 of course :smiley: The 300 series will be interesting but I’m not in hurry. I’m pretty good where I’m at :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The first post of the other thread is all about where they’re made, hence the fractious nature of it. Sorry for my own contribution to the fractiousness there. Forgive me also for suggesting, but maybe a gentle change of topic title on the other thread, or both threads, might sort it?

I don’t think they need to be merged together at all.
Let the other one run it’s course as this has nothing to do with where naim stuff is made.
It’s all about the new 300 kit now at dealers ready for demo, and hopefully we will start to get some views on it all very soon.

Cheers dunc

3 Likes

Anyone can start a new thread any time they want. It doesn’t need Richard to do that.

Fwiw, I’ve found that even the NSC 222/NPX 300 have the ability to perform to (although not by much) a higher level than the NAC 252/SC DR. This is no mean feat.

2 Likes

Yeah, but you’ll be stuck with the old kit at those prices. You can buy fewer boxes and get better SQ with the NC.

@Bjm there’s a YouTube video with Jason from Naim describing the bare 332 better than 282/Two HCDR and the 332/300 as above the 252/SCDR

2 Likes

Rick, you must’ve had a listen by now. Any initial impressions?

Please bear with me :+1:

2 Likes

332 with 250 or 350 are on my upgrade short list

Would love to get your thoughts

1 Like