500DR system salvation

Haha, yes I do and I am not complaining! I think that is probably the best move, I just need to convince the mrs. They would be less intrusive now I have re-arranged the lounge. I just need to let that one settle down before I do anything else :joy:

1 Like

Here we go……

1 Like

No time to email naim support…

1 Like

When I first moved into our current house in 2018 I still had a full Void system for DJ’ing with. Now that was a beast of a system! If you want bass go mid-fi not hi-fi. Ultimately, it was not feasible to use at home as they are designed for venues, but I watched Interstellar on it a few times with the volume up before I sold it and it was unbelievable. Only time the neighbours have ever complained :joy: It was capable of going VERY loud.

1 Like

Yeah, used to do alot of raving and we did warehouse parties. Very loud set ups at my mates place in Shoreditch over 30 years ago.

Not quite what I am after nowadays. I love my system and everything it does. The 500DR is a great power anp and the LP12 is amazing. I am lucky as I have a great set up. Very happy with the system.

Will mull over those speakers, but with recently installed Gaia Is I am very happy with what I have.

The Sopra 2s are really good and mine are only 2 years old and mint.

They are pretty full on to look at. The Scala 2s are going to be even more in your face ! :rofl:

See how I feel about it. Got more important things on my mind to be honest.

4 Likes

Got my liver op booked next friday so will leave the Scalas. No doubt great deal, great speakers. Now is not the time to be doing this. And then I have lung resection end of November. So focus is on health matters and not speakers :rofl:

21 Likes

Sounds like a good call Dan, all the best for next Friday.

2 Likes

Hope you are feeling good going into Friday Dan. One of my work colleagues has been waiting for a kidney transplant for over 7 years and has been on dialysis that whole time. Last Thursday we were on the phone and he got a call saying they had a kidney for him. On Friday he had the op. This morning he is messaging everyone being his usual self. So happy for him! Hope your op this Friday goes as well.

In the meantime, I saw these beauties on ebay today and I’m trying to find the cash to see if I can do a part exchange sometime in the near future. They are beauties! Thought they may make you smile :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ps. @Dan_M looking forward to hearing from you over the next few days when you are feeling up to it. If you want me to do any more annoying speaker research on your behalf, I am more than happy to continue annoying you! Joking aside, sending you positive thoughts :heart:

2 Likes

Are they up for doing a part exchange on your old speakers for the Sopra 2s?

Will give you a bigger sound :rofl: :muscle:

2 Likes

I like the idea of Focal Scalas. I haven’t approached Tom Tom about them. Not sure if they are still available. I like the idea that they have wheels built in as well.

They could be an ideal upgrade. Let’s see how I get on with op on friday. Got bigger things to deal with right now but keep doing research. Used speakers around £10k and then will have to sell Sopra 2s.

Talking hypothetically only as I am very hapoy with my system and the concrete finish works well with my decor.

2 Likes

They are Dan, I have got a few bits of my kit from them before including my No.1s.

Re the Scalas, after taking the time to properly set up my speakers last weekend, I remain blown away by how good my system sounds now. I really don’t think you need the Scalas and, to be fair again, after hearing my system more tuned up, I do not need the No.2s…

I’m keeping my eye on them and if they are still available after xmas I will go for it. Sounds like the same for you too :+1:

Anyway, more importantly, how did today go fella???

Your profile is hidden. What ARE_You_To_Us?
:joy:

Op friday mate. Business as usual today, working. Cabinet making, carpentry jobs. Tomorrow go to hospital. Friday op first thing when they cut me up ! :muscle:

5 Likes

So uplifting to hear your words❤️

1 Like

All the best for Friday Dan

1 Like

Yes, what’s all that about? I know some do it on here. Maybe I am too upfront and trusting. I show who I am and my system to all.

Maybe I should change the icon to a Russian soldier and change username to Vladimir, in honour of Russian techno :rofl:

2 Likes

I read from some members that they didn’t knew that their profile were hidden. It’s not always deliberate.

I had no idea…what do I need to change??? Apart from resigning as a secret hifi spy :rofl:

I had two beers earlier and thought it was Friday btw…oh my…must be getting old :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like