500dr

I’ll have to find a new home for it…

Or rig it up to my 42/Hicap :smile:

Shouldn’t be too difficult I guess. I’m looking forward to seeing how you get on with the 500DR
Next up will be the ND555 I suppose

1 Like

Why does Barbara Windsor in carry on camping spring to mind

1 Like

So @Stu299 when are you going for the ND555?

Well it would kinda complete things I guess :thinking:

Yes and after that there is no where else to go apart from of course a nice pair of 808s😂

And an ND555 couldn’t be complete without a 2nd PS now could it?

The eagle has landed :grimacing:

3 Likes

Ohhhh…

Still got the dreaded strip down and rebuild to do later but shouldn’t be too bad. Only a partial strip needed.

Hope you have a helping hand, the 500 dr is a beast in size and weight.

1 Like

The head unit is on the bottom row of the rack fortunately

Man up, I swapped my 300 PS on the bottom row without a rebuild.

1 Like

Gosh my hands are itchy, thinking to get the 500DR for my Xmas. But should it first be Titan 808 or 500DR first. Thinking thinking…

1 Like

I would sort your amps first and then demo speakers to suit your end game amp.

2 Likes

Good advice too. Seeing that I am only left with the last piece of the 500 puzzle and speaker choices are too complicated and alot.

1 Like

I’ve only learnt that from experience. I upgraded my speakers when I had a 300DR thinking I was finished as I’d never be able to afford a 500DR. 18 months later an unmissable deal on a brand new 500DR came up. Although I’m still very happy with my system, I have a nagging feeling I’d have ended up with different speakers if I’d had the 500DR at the time I changed.

3 Likes

If you had a 300DR I would say just get the 808s and add the 500 later. With a 250 I think that would tip the balance in favour of doing the power amp upgrade first.
If you are looking on the used market, obviously you grab what you can when it comes up at the right price.

1 Like

Get them both at the same time - that’s what I did :joy:

More seriously, Chris’s suggestion of picking them from the used market as they appear is what I would recommend

4 Likes