552 as Update over 52 with nap 135

@drago I would wait until Kudos release their new external crossover, could be an interesting product especially now that you own a pair of 606s.

2 Likes

This look is on my list!

By the way - found an 500DR online.
Build in 2016 and unused since then - strange. To be honest I like it better when it is used within 8 years instead of beeing switched of all the time.

Yeah, I just skipped a 500 non DR in favour of my 300 DR.

Iā€™ve seen several 552ā€™s for sale over the last few months and quite a few have paint missing/scratches/blemishes on the volume control knob. Is this a known issue for units that are 5 years + old?

Tim

Mine is an original vintage and is totally factory fresh in appearance. Maybe these vol knobs can be replaced?

1 Like

Mine is also fine on both knobs.
At 52 you can replace them yourself - donā€™t know how it is on the newer gear, but could be possible to do so.

Is it the same 552 posted in a number of hooky adverts?

I would have thought remote control operation would significantly obviate manually using the knob

FWIW, my 52 is 33 years old now, and the knobs and buttons all seem fine.

1 Like

:slight_smile: ooking up for a s/h 500 is so frustrating ā€¦ so much offers - but all on UK soilā€¦ and there it is difficult to manage witch customs. Most dealers do not ship outside mainland UK. I should look for a new job in the UK. I really shouldā€¦:slight_smile:

Some UK dealers deduct VAT on export so send them an email. Iā€™m sure some will go an extra mile to sell a 500 even if it adds some admin.

1 Like

Ok - had contact with some well known sites before, but not on the high price products.
But customs can also kill the price.

Customs is just 1% or so. VAT is the big chunk.

1 Like

Ok - I did not know that. My reference is what is listed on eBay as additional costs and this is huge - or must be, because have not found one shipping to Germany.

On Ebay you should see

Product price
Shipping
Import charges

In import charges there is VAT and customs included. They will manage it for you through their partners meaning what you see as a total of all costs on ebay is what you pay in total to your door.

Be aware of that if using Paypal on such an expensive product they will charge you some $$$ for the service.

Signals UK deducted VAT for me but might have changed today. They were extremely helpful and great dealing with.

1 Like

Thanks - send an email to a UK shopā€¦ :slight_smile:

Diamond in the house ā€¦ a bit different to vodka - must settle in. Kept the vodka in place behind Fraim so it kept his shape.
First impressions - tiny more details and less edgy and rough - still a lot prat

1 Like

Good news :+1:
You apparently didnā€™t lost the money I made you spend :joy:

You should hear more nuances and refinement too, maybe later.

1 Like

these guys are brilliant, i bought most of my system from them

1 Like

Vodka looks nicer - like the blue cable. And it is slightly thicker.
As ever cables need to be bend a bit (and shaked) to get them in the correct position. Hate cablesā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Will do extensive testing at the weekend - vodka isnā€™t so bad ā€¦ also in liquid form.
Nuances are already there. But both cables are much more similar as vodka to catsnake and others.
The more expensive ones have definitely more detail

2 Likes

System is fine ā€¦ will wait a bit till the weekend for the silver cable to find itā€™s form.
What I have recognized today ā€¦ room is colder (weather is going bad again - last weekend over 20 deg, today 9).
Warmer room sounds a bit better - I know the explanation but I an surprised that you really can hear. Maybe only the mood effect. :smiling_face: