552 as Update over 52 with nap 135

500!

2 Likes

I would play it loud and see what it can do. Get the fan running and it should sound better. It should be more coherent in your set up. Is it louder?

Yep. But pricey where @drago is.

He’s only just got 552.

Of course sale of 135s and 52 would help fund it. Sometimes you have to sell stuff on.

So you can get what you really want.

1 Like

500 is the way - no doubt.
But very rare to get! Here outside uk.

The idea was to see if the all dr will have some additional effect.
Was thinking of @khan84 experience, when he switched from 135… how good the 135 is.
I played loud - my own loud p, which is far from fans kicking in.

With my late olive 135 there is a rough punch, which is darker and edgy but so much fun

3 Likes

The 500DR is in totally different league to 135s. And sounds pretty good with 52, NDS and my LP12.

I made no mistake there. It has so much more of everything. You think 135s are bad ass. Get a 500DR and you won’t look back.

At some point Drago!

Maybe keep 135s and send back 300DR. At least you have tried it. Listen ro your gut on this one.

Compared SL to the original?

Not yet - hard to manage as 135 in Fraim. Must do it with 300.
To be honest - do not know if I will rebuild again.
But for sl it is interesting as I can keep it waiting for 500

1 Like

That is my thought for today… waiting for 500

1 Like

I should listen to my gut all the time - it gets complicated when the mind kicks in :rofl:

1 Like

Keep things simple. Get the 500DR. Send the 300DR back. And sell the 135s and 52.

Job done.

Or option 2
Send 300DR back, keep the 135s. Save for 500DR. Also look at selling 52 as you are keeping 552. There’s money tied up there. If selling is a problem there. Look at doing a trade in.

Could you buy 500DR from UK and pay taxes?

500DR from the UK gets really expensive with the taxes and shipping
Returning 300DR - which is not set yet!
Waiting for 500D to come…
Keeping 135/52 as they are so wonderful :slight_smile:

Some UK retail sell excluding VAT on used products too. Are you returning 552 too?

1 Like

552 … no - never!

Have not found one who excluded vat.

give it a week mate…magic

There is some to come - but I do not think it will get close to 135 prat wise. I will not do anything hasty

i think you will be surprised mate, how is your system set up? with a 300/500 you do need to make sure the burndies are right.

one of the things i really like about my 300 vs 250 (both dr) you know when you hear decays go on, a piano or a synth etc. when my 300 when in…these went on…and on…and on!

I have never owned 135s though

Burndies are fine - no stress, ne floor.
300 and 135 are different…
From my initial thought it was sideway

1 Like

if everything is right, give it a week mate. thats when the magic happens