552 preamp

I saw that, looks too good to be true

1 Like

Bgger! I should have waited.

“Some Say” … Well what do you say?

The Linn Klimax Organik DSM is much better. The 552 has had its day, old tech.

Yup the 552 is a piece of old tat but I’ve still got one arriving shortly! I see the Linn is £5k more even after the naim price increase!!

So you stuck with Linn in the end?

1 Like

Well bruss, some people go through life believing there is a better bargain to be had round the corner. Missed that class personally….:wink: we are a long time dead! Enjoy your new gear Peter

2 Likes

Well I just think that the days of the Naim 32.5 and pair of 135’s are the best. Just simple musical pleasure and no hi fi politics .

1 Like

The 552 has been snapped up ! Anyone gone for it?

Guilty :grimacing:

11 Likes

Well done :blush:

1 Like

Thanks exciting times!

3 Likes

I repeat , it’s saying too, not? :joy:

Je ne comprend pas mon ami.

Brilliant, can I ask was it my post that sent you searching!?
Absolute bargain, I can’t believe it!

No but I had an alert set up :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s definitely good enough. That’s not to say that something else mightn’t be better, but I suspect that the cost would be even more prohibitive.

1 Like

Stu, you couldn’t find me a couple of Statement amps per chance? :sweat_smile: Congrats & enjoy Peter

3 Likes

The 552 DR is remarkably good. No doubt about that! Together with the 500 DR, it is a lovely amplification system.

You need to invest significantly more money to outperform that system, like replacing the 552 DR with the NAC S1.

I chose a different path and switched to another brand. Even so, I had to put in a lot more money to outperform the 552/500 (more then twice the price of the combo)

Super excited. Just hope the other elements of the system will allow it to shine :grimacing: