552DR ordered and LP12 upgrades

Wow that must be loud!!
Look forward to reading your posts Thursday onwards when the 552DR arrives :+1:

1 Like

I don’t always listen loud but am going 11 o’clock on 500DR. Amp gets lovely and warm and fans kick in.

It’s as loud as the room can take! The 500DR absolutely rocks and with modern speakers which can take upto 300 watts it goes pretty loud with 500DR. You get used to the volume as ears adjust. And when you turn it down to 9 o’clock it sounds quiet!

I play quite alot of techno, drum and bass, rock of all kinds. So for me 500DR is great.

1 Like

Wow, thats loud Dan😂

11 o’clock is loud!

Also a fan of techno and D&B. Was a raver back in the day :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Maybe you should look up Gryphon Apex instead :smile:

2 Likes

Me too brother! And now we have 500DRs!

Nice kit. Weighs 500lbs apparently! It would be a good match for sure.

Seriously, 500DR is enough for now!

When my brother was staying he took delight in blasting my system but.was too loud for me. Was playing Grace Jones Nightclubbing at full pelt. Great track for bass!

My time was 90-92. Jungle techno. Then acid techno after that.

I like my 500DR’s sound after a good cooking. It tends to be a bit more mellow and natural. I could regularly play at 11 with my old 52 but the 552 has a touch more gain, so loud volume is around 10 to 10:30. Coupled to DBL’s you can get very close to real band dynamics!

Enjoy the coming weeks.

2 Likes

I use streamer for drum and bass and techno and playing plenty of other stuff. LP12 is mainly for rock, metal, progressive and new wave.

I listen to alot of Pink Floyd, Pantera, Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Duran Duran, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Steely Dan, Donald Fagan, Prodigy. And then alot of techno and.drum n bass iradio stations.

So 500DR has to work hard at times.

I listen to Kool London. Back in the day it was 94.5FM. Used to go to Club Labyrinth Dalston, London. I was a head case then.

Not much has changed. Still have spirit of a raver!

How could I miss this thread ???
@Dan_M
Love to hear - you will love the 552 - still have wow moments with it.
When do you get it?
I will pick up 500dr by end of next week.
Very soon we will have pleasure of full 500 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thursday is big day! Double whammy with Klimax LP12! Can’t wait mate.

1 Like

Where have you been? Blink your eyes and I have ordered 552DR.

:rofl:

I had a very rough week at work - company re-structuring and everyone going a bit mad …

1 Like

Bet it wasn’t as rough as mine. Check out Dan’s thread!

1 Like

Sorry to hear you have been having a hard time mate.

1 Like

I bet you had to do a company restructure to pay for all that nice new kit you have?:grimacing:

1 Like

Would love to hear your system. It’s epic!

By the end of next week you’ll be close!

1 Like