552DR ordered and LP12 upgrades

The 500DR does get warm and hot at volume. I am considering longer legs to give a bit more space. And then a shelf with shortwr legs for NDS. Or perhaps two shelves with long legs for central stack.

I am sure it is fine. Electronics like to be warm.

At my typical volume it gets only warm. The medium legs are definitely done for the 500.
I also have extended legs - 3 levels :grinning:
But not enough space for that.
I had a free shelf under nd555 in order to have the psu away. Putting the 500 under nd555 gave me the opportunity to keep 4 levels in 2 stack :blush:

1 Like

Behave ! :scream:

IMG_2001

3 Likes

I have definitely reached the high point in my own hifi journey but this thread definitely keeps me engaged with this forum. I just wanted to thank you @Dan_M for sharing your experience with us. Total empathy from up North. I hope you are totally enjoying your new system. :+1:

6 Likes

The system is sounding superb. Have done some fine tuning, moved 552PS down a Fraim level and 555PS up a Fraim level. Some cable dressing and fine tuning. The Burndy cables work better now. Bits of foam here and there so cables donā€™t touch.

The LP12 cables are all shielded so they shouldnā€™t affect things! The LP12 sounds absolutely gorgeous.

But moving the NDS cables and using some foam and making sure Super Lumina interconnect doesnā€™t touch anything has made a difference.

Have also ordered a used EE8 switch and a used Audioquest Vodka ethernet cable. Will see what that brings to the party. I can use the ifi 2 power supply with it to start with which I am using on Netgear GS108.

So Router > Netgear > EE8 > Audioquest Vodka > ND5XS2 > DC1 >NDS.

5 Likes

Itā€™s called keeping your options open, funny thing is that I did the same . Bitterly regret trading in my LP12 which was promptly broken up for spares

:zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face:

One of my two biggest audio mistakes

3 Likes

Can you get another LP12? Then you can start again.

2 Likes

What was the other one Ian?

Iā€™ve got a nice turntable at the moment, not an LP12 but related to the base model LP12 (it has more or less the same ClearAudio Arm) - bit put off from buying vinyl at the moment both by itā€™s cost and reliability

best wishes

Ian

1 Like

Giving away a pair of Ruark Sabres to someone who managed to blow them up

@Ian2001
Totally agree with this Iā€™m glad Iā€™ve got some thousands of records from over a long period of time but modern stuff seems to be to collect or look at playability is a lottery. :zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

This is what ended my vinyl journey. It took to much time and energy from me in the end.

2 Likes

Unfortunate so say the least.

I nearly sold my LP12 but a good friend talked me out of it. This was nearly 10 years ago and I am so glad I kept it. Even though I have spent a lot upgrading it to around Selekt level, this has been a lot less than buying a new LP12 or something equally good. One of my better hi-fi decisions.

2 Likes

2nd 555PSDR delivered Thursday! :grinning:

9 Likes

Will be a big upgrade :ok_hand:

1 Like

What took so longšŸ˜‚

Luv uā¤ļø

3 Likes

Interesting to see how you find that.
I found it to be very poor value for what it was ment to bring, i hope you find it to be different.

2 Likes

Even bigger if he remove the DR sticker! :smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s 2021 in 500 series finish so full DR. Along with rest of my system!

2 Likes