552DR ordered and LP12 upgrades

Love you too Gazza! :heart_eyes: it took so long!! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Hopefully so. Keep the ND555 at bay for a few weeks eh?

2 Likes

So I am trying to eek as much as I can out of NDS. 2 555PS DRs. EE8 switch and Audioquest Vodka Ethernet. Letā€™s see what improvements this yields.

The NDS is sounding very very good anyhow with re cable dressing. Moving boxes and keeping burndys apart. And fairly recent Super Lumina I/C.

Anyhow, it will make way for ND555 if it doesnā€™t yield mega positive results! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So is this going to be the first 4 box Naim streamer?

2 Likes

Did you run 2 x 555PSDRs with NDS?

Others had positive results.

At least what you have now is amazing and youā€™re happy with it! Thatā€™s all that counts.

Did the naim guy say this was important? How did you manage to solve this? I have a burndy highway and no way separating them without loads of foam which in return stiffens the burndys. So hang loose together or separated and stiffened. All these compromises.

2 Likes

You must be Kiddingā€¦ :joy:
I will let mine switched off for a while ā€¦ mine is 2021 as well.
Not too fast - kills all the fun.
Nd555 on order? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My installer said he didnā€™t think it would make much difference.

But me being me I had to have a fiddle! @Drago isnā€™t the only one.

Thatā€™s why I swapped 552 and 555 over.

Maybe itā€™s in my mind but I am happier with it now. Blame @Drago, the master cable dresser/ fiddler.

1 Like

ND555 thinking :thinking:

F### this stuff is good! Can I contain myself?

:muscle:

3 Likes

Be careful with the vodka (cable) - it is pushy but also a bit edgy.
Phoenix net? :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™d wager a Farad 3 on the EE8 will add more than a second 555 PS, not to mention the vast difference in cost.

2 Likes

Pac-man new edition featuring Dan & Drago.

19 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Master I am, my apprentice :joy:
Itā€™s all more for peace of mind.
But this helps a lot!

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I love this BB :grinning:

Maybe I am a cable master, but you really took over in upgrade speed, which was not that easy :joy:

1 Like

Maybe get one of those too! The 555PSDR is paid for, delivered Thursday! :muscle:

1 Like

Good call :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Having given it some thought , whilst I could see myself with a Sim Plinth (sustainable hard wood) an Audio Origami tonearm etc, it would be far more practical to buy the next turntable in the ClearAudio range and transfer the arm.

best wishes

Ian

2 Likes

Remember the story of the tortoise and the hare?

This is the tale of two hares chasing their dreams.

We run fast Drago. You have an ND555. I have an LP12 Klimax. Thereā€™s not much in it!

Congratulations to us both! Superb systems.

3 Likes

NDS sounds awesome through 552 and 500. So I reckon these new upgrades will give a big uplift.