552DR ordered and LP12 upgrades

Sadly yes IMO

1 Like

Honestly mate because of the turntable fiasco that Iā€™ve experienced over the past six months all Iā€™ve has is streaming and CD rips. You know how revealing my system must be. All I can say is if you pamper the ND555 it can sound awesome

1 Like

You going away then?

Sure the best of vinyl is superior but mediocre vinyl doesnā€™t match the best of streaming if you get the streaming hardware right. Joking aside I think that you will love the ND555 in your current system

2 Likes

At least with your new LP12 you will be in Aro Klimax heaven mate!

S### happens and with two turntable disasters this will be 3rd time lucky.

Yes, with better system more revealing it is.

Hence with 552DR and 500DR, really shows off my LP12 Klimax and leaves the NDS somewhat for dust!

1 Like

Yep for a month

1 Like

Are you up north?

P.S I think weā€™ve gone well past the point of discouraging you from spending more money. Right? :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I canā€™t take it with me! But I am not going obscene money here.

So no to 2 x 500DRs. No to S1.

But ND555 right deal yes.

1 Like

Northamptonshire

1 Like

Great reasoning :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Dunc, I canā€™t do 6 hour round trip in my current health. Appreciate the offer very much. You are an absolute gent mate.

Give your mind some rest for the pleasure of music with the new system :smile:

1 Like

No, I donā€™t see it as a value proposition, even if it does improve things. It actually results in you using half of each power supply. At that total cost, I would want to be looking at other steamer options.

Iā€™m settled with my streaming, amplification, speakers and cable set-ups. I just paid for the LP12 upgrade yesterday, so that will be the vinyl side of things settled too.

5 Likes

No worries

1 Like

Iā€™m loving new system. Thereā€™s really nothing left of the old set up now. Just NDS! Itā€™s funny you look at these boxes and become attached to them.

Then they go and are replaced with something else.

I move on quickly!

2 Likes

Fair enough. But alot on here reckon 2nd 555PS particularly on ND555 is amazing!

I know where you are coming from though.

I will report back on 2nd 555PS on NDS.

2 Likes

@Damien0 likes the 2nd 555PS on his NDS.

Where are you mate?

I didnā€™t like 2 x 555PS on the NDS and didnā€™t purchase the second after extended demoā€¦.different all together on the ND555.

On the NDS is seemed too much and the music became strained and over energetic.

1 Like

I am looking at ND555 as well. Not today though.

Will get this other kit in and see how it sounds.

1 Like