552DR ordered and LP12 upgrades

Ok NDS then the same applies. The ND555 comment was tongue in cheek :grinning

1 Like

I would be interested in that cable as i have a audioquest diamond at the moment but either need another one or something else

1 Like

It costs ÂŁ4200. Mate!

1 Like

4 Likes

Ok I won’t recommend anything else. They go for £1500 Dan. Happy listening to your great system

1 Like

It is just so good and makes no sense to me as it just transports 0 and 1´s. But I’d buy that Chord Music cable before any other Dunc

3 Likes

ÂŁ1500 sound better. Was gobsmacked when I saw them for ÂŁ4200.

I am happy to hear recommendations. Know that!

1 Like

:wink:. I don’t want to cause you any stress at all mate

2 Likes

You’re not. I am loving the changes and it’s not stressful. It’s alot of fun. And changes can be done slowly now I have bulk of system re-worked.

The bulk of the system has been changed or seriously upgraded.

The LP12 is my favourite.

You’re a good mate, you all are! And Dunc’s offer was very thoughtful!

Rightly so. Me also. But when folks have visited me they have been shocked just how good I’ve got streaming to sound. I have all Chord cables in there and it transports the ND555 to a much higher level. Every track on that K J West One playlist sounds brill!

1 Like

Well i would certainly be up for one as i already use the music xlr’s.
I would put it between the phoenixnet and vivaldi, and then use the audioquest diamond between the melco and phoenixnet

2 Likes

I would also like to try some music speaker cable

1 Like

We all just want the best for you and hope that you beat this f……g illness :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I was really enjoying that playlist last night.

So tomorrow extra 555PS. More changes and hopefully improvements.

Farad Super 3 Monday. Different stuff arriving all the time. Boxes here, there everywhere.

I have 2 loft spaces. Cardboard hifi boxes everywhere. Looks like a dealers.

It is an amazing hobby.

2 Likes

It’s bloody good. I just couldn’t stretch to 6 x 6m lengths and KS1 is a nice substitute with its own appealing qualities.

2 Likes

Try Snowy White’s Midnight Blues. What a great Blues/ Rock track and will sound great in your system

1 Like

The illness sucks. It’s trying not to let it rule your life. It’s mental and physical battle. Recently I was in hospital more than at home and couldn’t work for a week.

The upgrades and music have made me feel so much better. I enjoy it and it’s an area of my life where I can make choices.

10 Likes

Music can be so cathartic can’t it? It’s just about you maximising your system now. You are sooo close to completion to what is already a great one.

By the way I just confirmed Monday 10th June for my turntable home install with Peter S :+1:

2 Likes

So, this is the thing. My personal life has been very interesting but has lacked permanence. Been in 5 relationships over last 10 years and had another kid. I have 4 kids. The one constant enjoyment has been my system and music.

Health problems over last two years have made my music and system more and more important. It’s the one thing I can control and enjoy without condition!

It’s my release. I like flash cars and nice houses but that doesn’t do it for me anymore. My system does. Being a self employed builder has meant I am not interested in doing a load of work on my house! I don’t want to do it.

Yes, I am obsessive about hifi and it gives me alot of satisfaction.

Don’t get me wrong I love my kids and spending time with them.

But yes the music and system. It is my thing, it’s about me.

5 Likes