552DR ordered and LP12 upgrades

Exactly. No more than 25 ? Some would be difficult to replace. And, could be damaged/worn so will never be noise free. The economics will never add up.

2 Likes

I wanted a record cleaning machine. The Degritter was top of the list. I got one for a good price. I was in a position to spend the funds on one. I am very pleased with it. I am sure a HummingGuru is good enough.

I am back from lovely weekend away. Now blasting my system after it has been unplugged, powere down for a few days. Cleaning some vinyl at same time!

I haven’t changed to the other various record sleeves suggested yet. The paper ones aren’t causing any problems! Early days yet.

Going away for a few days and thwn listening to my system makes me realise how good it really is!

The temptation is an ND555 on the market for ÂŁ8.5k. I have resisted so far. Lol.

4 Likes

And now, listening to my LP12 I am absolutely loving it. Rumours, freshly cleaned on Medium setting sounds so sweet. No need to clean needle. Every record played has been prepped on Degritter.

NDS was sounding very fine too with all the changes made.

My system is hugely capable and sounds amazing. :ok_hand:

5 Likes

@Dan_M, have you tried a normal record cleaning machine prior to the Degritter, and if so, what improvements is the Degritter making. I’ve been mulling it over to get one for while now, but at the price of them I’d want a demo as such. (We all know that’s going to be impossible unless someone close by gets one and cleans a couple of records for me).

Using an Okki Nokki with good results, but I do wonder if ultrasonic would clean my old records even better.

Hope all is going well with your treatment.

1 Like

Hi Graeme,

I have gone from nothing to Degritter. Previously I have tried cleaning records by hand with Distilled water and Isopropyl, probably causing more harm in some cases.

So Degritter is not a miracle machine. There is still noise at times. But records are pretty damned good. There were areas where records would jump and I thought I had scratches. There were records with large marks that looked like scratches that are now gone or plays through the marks.

This is my only experience of RCM.

It won’t perform miracles, but is allowing me to enjoy my record collection.

Some of these records have sentimental value and remind me of times in my life as objects. To replace them is not always the answer. Alot of them are my Dad’s as well. So restoring something is more important than perfect play!

If what you have works well. I wouldn’t replace it.

2 Likes

Thank you Dan. An honest answer which is much appreciated. All the best to you.

1 Like

I felt pretty much the same when I bought a Velvet Vortex. Does the same thing but it uses an existing US cleaner and you rack dry the LPs. Very very much cheaper though than a degritter.
ultrasonic cleaning makes a huge difference. No crud collecting on the stylus and quiet background (mostly).

2 Likes

Got the ND555! Yeah baby!

12 Likes

Congrats @Dan_M

1 Like

Woow……give it time to settle in❤️

1 Like

Haven’t got it yet. Just purchased!

2 Likes

ÂŁ7750 2018. Fair enough eh?

6 Likes

Plenty of money left for that second cd555psu?

1 Like

Hahahahahaha. I have one albeit not the one people want!

2 Likes

Maybe it’s the better one?

The system, playing loud techno very loud sounds like a rave. But when I want it to it sounds like a concert playing rock music. What more could I want? Probably more, knowing me!

Sounds epic. ND555 good price is what I wanted. It has come my way.

Everything good comes to those who wait!

7 Likes

One of the first (which means nothing) and price is fine … you are coming closer :joy:

1 Like

I think I have smashed it!

2 Likes

You did - as ever! :blush:

1 Like

At this rate dan you will be onto the dCS kit by Christmas.
:laughing:

3 Likes