552DR ordered and LP12 upgrades

And I got Drago’s name wrong.

FFS Dan! Come on!

1 Like

552ps
555ps
500ps

Second 555ps is in Fraim to the right - bottom shelf (Burndy at its max :blush:)

3 Likes

Looks stunning Holger!

1 Like

Interesting. I had previously done things like this. The dealer who installed my 552 DR set the boxes back 10mm from front of Fraim glass.

I think it looks better set back a little.

What’s the concensus on this front?

I can’t hear any difference. Is there a reason why it should sound better or worse if set back or brought forwards?

But … have a nearly linear (a bit it hangs) run of Burndy resulting in the strain relief to do its job.
Hope it holds. But had weaker strain reliefs with the 52 Burndy!

But i am totally crazy when it is with burndies. I was afraid of them being damaged with every naim box I bought. Same with 500 - look so hanging :blush:

Classic! I knew you would fold.

2 Likes

:+1: well it was obviously going to happen.

One or two of the dealers have been encouraging people to buy the new 300 series streamer in place of their ND555 (and 350 amps over 500) :see_no_evil:. Fear not you are going to love this baby Dan. :beers:

4 Likes

Oh no! Must resist.

2 Likes

You won’t look back though……

1 Like

My hope is that Dan gets it first. I think there is a chance.

1 Like

Keep up, this is Dan - he’s already bought one :flushed:. I know, right, I was only off line for half a day!

3 Likes

Enjoy your new ND555. At this rate you’ll be giving your LP12 a run for its money!

2 Likes

Then come

3 Likes

or maybe this one :wink:

long live German Overengineering :grin:

2 Likes

@Dan_M Oh goodness he’s got a statement on order already - used of course

Stop it Dan I’m having a heart attack mate :grinning:

2 Likes

Seen it ?… nice guy - go for it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

That is marketing… but a good dealer imho classifies if what he is not selling

Obviously and I have no problem with people wanting to earn money. But dealers are Salesman at the end of the day and that has to be factored in when we listen to their advise. My point is that the 500 gear sounds clearly better IMO. Not :green_apple: and :tangerine: better like Ekos v ARO say. I’m sure that Dan is buying the best Streamer that Naim make and in his system amongst the best that can be bought

3 Likes

Thanks Rob, 300 series is really good. It’s more neutral sounding.

500 sounds more full on. Great dynamics, texture, deeper bass. More of everything!

3 Likes

Neutral as in balance of the frequencies or presentation within the sound stage?

If the 300 kit was made by Linn say I wonder how many Naim owners would be trading in their 500 kit for it. Plus again hypothetically if it were the 500 kit that had just come out with the 300’s being the old horses what reaction would the 552/500 get after a demonstration?

Of course I admit that I’m a big 500 series fan (I even still think the 52 is a great pre) so maybe maybe my sentiments are clouding my hearing :grinning:

3 Likes