552DR ordered and LP12 upgrades

If you use a few drops of surfactant, it will clean even better. And dry better too.
I use the Degritter fluid with my HG.

You can order that wine, to share with Blackbird.

1 Like

I do not get itā€¦ :rofl:
Got itā€¦ damn Greek alphabetā€¦ and as a pharmacistā€¦ oh dear ā€¦
Good one - as ever

You French guys like champagneā€¦
You may join

1 Like

Good one toošŸ‘
But what wine or champagne for Lucifer? Neotech, must be difficult to find.

1 Like

Tomorrow! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Good!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Last night of NDS into ND5XS2. May keep ND5XS2 as itā€™s a good piece of kit, possibly use on my sonā€™s system.

Not sure yet. Pretty much all my old stuff has been sold to part fund upgrades. Pretty much all my boxes are new to me. Not a lot remains of the old!

I think thatā€™s a good thing though. Out with the old and in with the new!

4 Likes

Next Monday, more like friday.

But Dan you may find that your other power supply does not work with the ND555, as it has an extra clock power input that the NDS doesnā€™t, and mine didnā€™t work with it when i only had that one power supply.
Itā€™s probably all sorted now as i was the one that highlighted the problem, but then it depends on how old yours is maybe. But itā€™s worth knowing if it doesnā€™t work depending on which power supply you use on connection 1 and 2.

2 Likes

The presentation of 300 gear I would describe as neutral and clear.

500 series if more forward in presentation and more dynamic. With 500 series it makes me want to dance, bob my head, tap my feet. It brings excitement.

300 is very very good. Detailed, clear and neutral is how I would describe it.

Obviously speakers will affect presentation and I listened to 300 series with ATCs which are more neutral as well.

Focal are quite forward in comparison.

The 500 has the Wow! for me and I have wanted my set up since around 2019. For me it was an aspirational system along with LP12 full Klimax.

300 is the new gear, easier cable, easier power supplies.

I think NC 500 will be interesting. Canā€™t see that happening that soon though.

500 series system rocks! I rock! Yeah baby! :muscle:

4 Likes

Thanks Dunc, good shout! Will find out tomorrow if it works or not!

Itā€™s October 2019 the other one.

It had me, the dealer and the manufacturer scratching our heads for a while.
I had to do another 3 hour round trip the next day to pick up the dealers 555ps

1 Like

Not sure about dates, but if it doesnā€™t work then obviously try switching the burndy cables round

1 Like

HG supplied their own surfactant which seems to work very well.

FF

1 Like

Good critique Dan. When I heard the latest kit I thought it sounded a little too ā€œsafeā€. Wide appeal? With the type of sound you prefer I think you might just like my amp combo :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Indeed, I would love your system. I like a full on set up and you certainly have that!

Save the Snaxo, 2 extra 500DRs, change of speakers, S1, and mains upgrades for another day :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But seriously, the ND555 was always part of my plan. I was just waiting for the right deal to come through.

I cannot afford to go to your level.

I think if I want to go further I would have to look at mains upgrades first. And the subfloor at the same time. I am not ready to do any of that healthwise with possible liver op coming up.

The project looks like it is coming to a very happy conclusion.

And yes, I may decide to change the 2nd power supply to a proper one.

Letā€™s see if the thing actually works first off!

I havenā€™t added it all up yet but I have spent a fair bit of dosh recently! Was worth every penny though. Made me happy anyhow!

4 Likes

Top man :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™ll take my whiskey neet

2 Likes

They are going for mass appeal and being able to use 350s with other makes of kit.

I have heard it quite a few times and I think itā€™s a departure from the Naim sound we know and love.

Some will prefer it. Itā€™s very different.

Personally I like rock and techno mainly. For me the 500 series works really really well. I love the depth, detail, texture and fullness of it. Itā€™s superb! It makes me want to listen to music all the time!

They got it right with alot of their kit. I loved the 82 and 52 and 135s too. I had the 82 for ages in my timescales! Great preamp.

2 Likes

Very good. When I bought mine, it was without the fluid.