552DR ordered and LP12 upgrades

I agree. Hell I think the 32.5 is still a great pre amp.

2 Likes

Having heard the 500 series many times and the 300 series a good few times over the last year. The 500 is clearly better, as it should be. However, I also like the 300 series and will stick with that, it arrives tomorrow now that I have finished decorating the lounge, amazing how motivation to decorate is increased by the imminent arrival of the new kit. Will be set up by John K from Brighton Audio-T, I probably could do it myself but I will take the opportunity to have it done and also get a lesson in Burndy dressing now that I will have two NPX300s, I decided I couldn’t wait. Managed to acquire a narrow Quadraspire rack for my NVC TT, NPX TT and Lingo 4. Pics will follow once the system is up and running.

6 Likes

My first proper set up was 82 HiCap Olive and 250CB. Nice set up with NDS and CDS2 and LP12.

That was about 7 or 8 years ago. Not heard the 32.5 but would imagine it would it would be not dissimilar to 72 or 82.

1 Like

You’ve made me feel old Dan :joy:. I owned a 32 (and had it .5 upgraded) something like 38 years ago when I was a 22 yo. I felt that the 52 was just great and went from 32 to that.

2 Likes

Worth knowing. Thank you @FrankF.

I’m 50 Rob, started Naim journey late at about 42. 51 in 2 weeks.

It doesn’t matter how old you are. It’s how old you feel inside that matters. I feel like I am 89 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

So true and I’d love to be exchanging messages with you when you are 89 mate :pray:

2 Likes

We will do my friend. Know that !

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter. You may as well buy the other cd555psu now. Otherwise, it will just be next week’s installment!

1 Like

Just use a dash of dishwasher liquid. That is an excellant surfactant. A dash per litre is enough to wet the water, reduce the surface tension and give a great clean.

If you started your Naim journey late at 42, then what does that make me at 62.

:scream:

2 Likes

A young man.

1 Like

Hilarious! I am being patient :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

:muscle:

1 Like

I am keeping my eye on them. But these upgrades are coming to a close. Everything will be done very very soon!

Complete 500 system and Linn LP12 Klimax all done over a few weeks!

5 Likes

I think you like the installments week by week. Come on. Give me a few more weeks at least!

1 Like

I do like your style Dan, very much like myself.
You want it and you do it.
I hope you can enjoy it all for many year’s to come.

One bit of advice, just try and enjoy what you have now. That’s all i am going to say.

2 Likes

Maybe the Olympic Games should incorporate a new discipline: the quickest and largest audio upgrades in 3 weeks. :tumbler_glass:

5 Likes

That’s a no contest, we all know who has the gold

:joy:

4 Likes

Im struggling to keep up !

3 Likes

But who would get silver?

1 Like