552DR ordered and LP12 upgrades

And the silver is for Germany, @drago .

3 Likes

He would have won gold if we were all in European Union!

3 Likes

Thanks Dunc. You have been great. Really helpful and appreciated your offer of PhoenixNet lend.

You have a friend in me bud.

I have certainly gone for it!

1 Like

No contest ā€¦ but ā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

We thought about the same at the same moment.

2 Likes

Close Holger. Have you thought about an LP12?

2 Likes

YesšŸ„°

1 Like

Not sure eh?

You and me both Dan :grimacing:

2 Likes

Just read this :joy:

Canā€™t wait to hear your thoughtsā€¦

2 Likes

I didnā€™t resist for long. Got a great deal on it!

2 Likes

Sure. The first step is to find a Naim Aro for him. Itā€™s the beginning.

3 Likes

A holiday to UK for Holger beckons. He can get Lp12 set up here. He will love it Rooster! :grinning:

2 Likes

Come on - you can do 555 :smiling_face:. Works really wenn with 552/500/606 :grin:
But here it is the same - no contest!

2 Likes

Correct ! Thatā€™s step one :blush:

1 Like

He is around here ā€¦ :blush: talking to me? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
No holiday planned yet - need to be near my mother.

1 Like

LP12 at Klimax level is the one to go for. Go down Aro route like Cohen with heavily upgraded plinth and top plate and baseboard. I have gone classic LP12 Klimax, all standard Linn with Ekos SE/1. Radikal 2 Klimax power supply. Tangerine Audio make interesting products.

I didnā€™t want mine modded to start with. And I am more than happy with it.

I think you will enjoy it Holger!

2 Likes

Peter from Cymbiosis will come out from UK and install an LP12 for you. Makes life easy. Book it in and then you will be the Gold winner joint with me!

No contest !
My phonosophie is really good. With aro and new cart it will be perfect. Maybe superline.
Or Vertere
But not today and not tomorrow - but vinyl must be next!
And lp12ā€¦ nice!

All my energy had been focused in the digital chain, but I have collected a lot of vinyl. And love the sound very much.

3 Likes

The Karousel bearing and Krad2 are the real LP12 game changers IMO Dan. The Stiletto/ Scorpion are expensive but a clear and obvious upgrade. Whether Iā€™d move over to them if I owned one of the lovely timber plinths Iā€™m not sure. I just happened to be buying a complete new deck so it made sense to go with the S/S as I only had to find just over Ā£1k to make up the deck with bearing, lid etc. I went for the best SOUNDING LP12 that I heard. The stealth look is pretty cool though right?

Interestingly my LP12 (admittedly with a second hand ARO/ Urika) didnā€™t cost me any more than the tricked up Solstice or SME 20/2 and Cymbiosis (top service from PS) donā€™t discount. This LP12 is the best of the three. I had a three hour listening session yesterday. Lotā€™s of traditional Jazz. Miles Davis, Duke Ellington etc. Intoxicatingly realistic! I canā€™t wait for the next listening session which is a tell tale isnā€™t it?

6 Likes